PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Challenge #2: Dan Wade

Dan Wade
02-12-2006, 03:54 AM
Script No 1

This is my first go. Just put a few basic blins on objects for placeholders.
I think maybe some aditional lighting might be needed from the left room, as if the tv or lights were left on through the night. Crits and comments very welcome.

Dan W.

royter
02-12-2006, 06:27 AM
i really like the overall mood.

the light blue highlights are very expressive.

jeremybirn
02-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Maybe the light on the doorframe could go much more dim and be warmer, then the whole kitchen could be cool but it could get some blue fill and some rims on the edge of the windows and near the windows? Maybe the only warm tone in the kitchen could be a very selective reflection of the warm light from within the house, like maybe a warm highlight on the bottle or window.

-jeremy

Dan Wade
02-13-2006, 03:42 AM
Update. Is this working better now?

jeremybirn
02-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Looking good!

Maybe some of the light could be in softer gradients. The bright doorframe on the left side could fade to become darker as you approach the floor, and the floor could get a little darker as you approach the doorframe. The shadow on the floor from that doorframe running horizontally, it would be great if that got a lot softer with distance, as if there were a lot of light in that room to the left instead of just a point of direct light.

The window frame itself things could be a little more uniform, the way the center post gets brighter near the bottom doesn't seem motivated, maybe instead extend the rim near the bottom farther up that post?

I don't know about the black bars above and below the shot, unless they are there for a reason?

-jeremy

Dan Wade
02-16-2006, 02:25 AM
Update. The lighting from the left room now has better falloff. Also added some trees outside. The rims for the front window have been worked on a little. I think maybe the entire peice is lacking contrast with the main lightsource outside.

jeremybirn
02-16-2006, 02:29 AM
That's great! With the dead trees and the shadowiness it really could be a great #4 horror/suspense type scene. (Even if you do a #2 and go for the magical moonlight look, save this one as a #4 entry...)

-jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 02:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.