PDA

View Full Version : Great Renderman>LW Shader writer! :D cool HVs too

HowardM
02-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Lets all encourage Dennis to write more shaders!
some of these are really cool, especially the ones for water, clouds, fluids...they work great for Hypervoxels, with more fluid motion than normal HV textures....

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/dpont/plugins/Textures.htm
Denis.Pontonnier@wanadoo.fr

elfdestruct
02-12-2006, 03:36 AM
Yeah, that guy's plugs are really cool. Make sure to check that page often, he makes a lot of updates - faster than Flay can keep up. :D

I hope the new SDK allows for these to be used with more projection methods.

TrueArt Support
02-12-2006, 08:03 AM
You could use http://transitionshader.trueart.pl and make any imaginable projection with UV map.. On the page there are example pictures and animations that uses Denis procedural textures.. To be honest, I gave Denis shader source code that allow his procedural textures to be used inside shaders with UV map support, but he decided to stay with TransitionShader (making procedural textures & shaders at the same time, just wastes his time, that could be spend on making new procedural textures)

Especially tea cup animation 3 that could be directly downloaded from
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/True_Art/TransitionShader_Tea_Cup_3.mov
shows how nice Denis Penrose Rhomb could be mapped to object..

Pancho
02-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Could..., would..., never mind what you offered to give him. The guy is doing a great job and within a month gave us more shaders than NT did in 5-8 years. Hope he continues to write them at that speed. Amazing.

Cheers
Pancho

BazC
02-12-2006, 10:15 AM
They look great! Too bad they're Windows only :(

TrueArt Support
02-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Could..., would..., never mind what you offered to give him. The guy is doing a great job and within a month gave us more shaders than NT did in 5-8 years. Hope he continues to write them at that speed. Amazing.

He is not writing them.. He is porting other people procedural textures made to another application.. I asked him whether he wants to make commercial shaders pack, but he disagreed telling that making shader from scratch is too much painful and takes too much of time..

Company like NewTek can't take 3rd party shaders or procedural textures and without knowledge and licence fee include them into products..

BTW, Denis don't write shaders AFAIK, but procedural textures.. That's big difference.. But yes, he is making big progress and good job!

ColinCohen
02-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Excellent work!

Thanks for the link.

Ed Bittner
02-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Garner Clouds has brought back functionality to Skytracer. Much like the Skytracer we had in 5.6. Gotta love this guy.

E.

BazC
02-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I contacted Denis Pontonnier about recompiling for Mac and he's going to try, so barring complications we should get these too! :D

Bonzodogboy
02-14-2006, 12:30 AM
I contacted Denis Pontonnier about recompiling for Mac and he's going to try, so barring complications we should get these too! :D

Thanks BazC, on behalf of all Mac users :)

BazC
02-14-2006, 09:34 AM
You're very welcome! :D

Julez4001
02-14-2006, 04:28 PM
LOVE THE SHADER ports

Vossil
02-14-2006, 07:16 PM
These are really great. Thank you for making such a great contribution and please don't stop!

tais
02-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Merci Denis! et encore bravo pour ce que tu fais pour les jeunes drogués.

ham8
02-15-2006, 05:30 AM
Thanks BazC, on behalf of all Mac users :)

OT a bit, but that Avatar just makes me hurt... :D hah hah hah

;)

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2006, 05:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.