PDA

View Full Version : gargoyle

ha-dou-ken
02-11-2006, 12:12 PM
hey everyone. I am a student of the arts. This is first stab at a full realistic(ish) character. Its supposed to be gargoyle. I'm practicing my topology and would appreciate any pointers, c&c, and suggestions regarding proportion, flow, density and the such. I have been reading many discussions in the topology thread and am trying to take the advice there. thank you so much for any replies.

ha-dou-ken
02-11-2006, 01:35 PM
heres a small update on the shoulder. I think it's cleaner now.

ha-dou-ken
02-15-2006, 04:06 AM
another update

cwest
02-15-2006, 04:57 AM
Great work so far, it's pretty solid work. Generally I would prefer making a seperated loop structure for the pectoral muscles and from that you can focus on making the loop flow into the underarm/shoulder reigon a bit better. You might also want to include some loop areas for the shoulders as well and puff em up. You have a pretty good grasp on muscle modeling, so far keep it up :D

goulei
02-15-2006, 05:09 AM
well....good

ha-dou-ken
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks cal, I appreciate the pointers. I should mention that my main source of inspiration is a character from the old cartoon show Gargoyles. The main character (Goliath i think) is what I was hoping to ahieve as far as proportion goes. As far as anatomical accuracy is concerned, I dare not strive for hyperrealsim but somewhere along the lines of pixars The Incredibles(sans the badassness). I will post more soon when an update is worthy.:D

oh ya, he will have wings too so I must consider that. This will also allow me to hide some of the anatomical errors on the back area. Whew!

ha-dou-ken
03-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Sorry for the lack of posts in a while. I have been working on the arms some more. Not a lot of free time though with school and work and Street Fighter Tournaments. My biggest concern at this point is the arm/shoulder joint and the forearm. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

ha-dou-ken
03-31-2006, 07:41 PM
heres some progress. I completely went away with the buff charicature look and am in the process of making him more anatomically correct, muscle wise anyway. I know the proportions are GOD awful. I expect to tackle that issue after I have the head in place. I still haven't touched the legs though. Might do that next. I'm juggling so many projects right now. sleep? nope don't know anyone by the name of sleep. Wrong number, sorry.

The reason I went away with the muscular vibe was because this is a 'pillage a village and take all of the booty' sort of gargoyle. So yah, he's strong from kicking so many peoples @rses, but he doesn't work out, so there's no reason to give a worked out body. Most of his muscle is developed slowly over the years from overtakig villages. He is not a roman combatant who fights everyday and gets a healthy workout from it. He just beats up people when he gets hungry. Does the the change in the muscle structure make sense now?:hmm:

ha-dou-ken
05-02-2006, 01:48 AM
LOG:

Here's some of the work I have achieved in the last month. I think it's getting better.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2006, 01:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.