PDA

View Full Version : Mondrian... my way.

DanVL
02-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Yep, this might look quite simple and naive but it's in fact hiding some interesting ideas. This piece was inspired by Mondrian, I had a class about his art style and totally hated it. But then I thought: "What does it need to look fun to me? Is there a way I can turn this into something that can be enjoyed by the masses?"

Here's my attempt:
http://omegamedias.com/dvl/anim/04s.jpg (http://omegamedias.com/dvl/anim/04.html)
(Sorry, no preloader but file is about 700Kb)

Explore, there is more to this piece than meets the eye

Comments and crits are welcome!

JesseDavis
02-11-2006, 08:08 AM
lol neat. my dancing guys eventually kept going so I had to stop cause there were like 7 of them dancing at once. I don't ever remember mondrian using black to fill in squares, but i guess it's cool if you interpret it as turning lights off and on. anyways, um, good job? =)

BonciuToma
02-11-2006, 08:11 AM
I find it to be very interesting and funny. I played with it for a while; the thing that I didn't discovered is that the yellow guy in the lower corner does something besides lifting up his shoulders. :)

HenningK
02-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Sweet neats.
Good animations.
-hen

Ranimate
02-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Great, I enjoyed it.

Cool animations, how were they made?

:cool:

Ranimate

DanVL
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
hehehe thanks a lot for the comments.

m0og0o: You should try clicking the guy underneath the dancing guy and see what happens... ;) and yeah, Mondrian would probably send assassins to kill me if he saw this. hehehe!

Bonciu_Toma: Yea good observation, this one I didn't know what to do anymore lol, does it show?

Ranimate: I filmed myself doing some of the moves, I used a lot of reference! But since I'm no dancer, the dancing guy was based off that "Dancing spiderman" animation.

eek
02-11-2006, 05:38 PM
This is great - the play on colour, room size and scale is amazing. The guy below the guy dancing is fantastic. It reminds me or rear window with all the different lives going on.

eek

DanVL
02-12-2006, 05:51 AM
ty for the nice comment :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2006, 05:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.