PDA

View Full Version : Render - Output Frame Numbers?

gsuhy
02-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Is it possible to render the actual frame numbers when outputting an After Effects file? I want my client to see the frame numbers displayed on each frame of my 24FPS animation... seems like a simple task but can't find it in the manual or anywhere on the internet...

Mylenium
02-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Is it possible to render the actual frame numbers when outputting an After Effects file? I want my client to see the frame numbers displayed on each frame of my 24FPS animation... seems like a simple task but can't find it in the manual or anywhere on the internet...

Adjust the start times of your comps and set the render options for the image sequences to accomodate for that. It only works this way. Other than that, you could always add an overlay using the Timecode plugin or a text layer...

Mylenium

gsuhy
02-14-2006, 02:57 AM
I googled for awhile but can't find any After Effects TimeCode plugins... Adobe Premiere seems to handle it superbly, however with it's built-in..... Effect > Video > Timecode which can be positioned, scaled - even has an opacity setting

gsuhy
02-14-2006, 03:31 AM
Adjust the start times of your comps and set the render options for the image sequences to accomodate for that. It only works this way. Other than that, you could always add an overlay using the Timecode plugin or a text layer...

Mylenium

Doh!... ok, I didn't know what you meant by Timecode plugin, but there it was in front of my face (included with AE v7) ... EFFECT > TEXT > TIMECODE...

Whew, that's a relief...

nessus
02-16-2006, 11:40 PM
timecode always has a black background, is there a way to make it transparent?

suztv
02-17-2006, 10:04 PM
You can use a text layer. That way you have control over the size transparency, etc..

create a text layer
create an expression by selecting the text modifier, then Animation in the main menu, Expression

copy the following into your expression window: timeToCurrentFormat()

I have included a jpg for reference.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 10:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.