PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Challenge #2: Divinerain

DivineRAiN
02-11-2006, 02:32 AM
This was for script 1.. (oops, someone already got into the bottle. Perhaps it was Buck. Can't have booze just sitting on the table without it being touched I guess). Originally I was going for the babysitter script, but I liked this lighting and I can't imagine why a babysitter would be snooping around in a darkish kitchen.

http://www.terranuts.com/photopost/data/635/scene1.jpg

CeDeEl
02-11-2006, 02:23 PM
... its still hard to tell about where's the light source comming from.
I hope u got my point. :)
-ce de el-

jeremybirn
02-12-2006, 12:15 PM
The framing is awkward, especially with that little bit of ceiling and fan right near the top.

The right wall has overlapping hard-edged shadows, maybe there could be just one shadow there instead of two, or one of them could be a lot softer?

CeDeEl has a point, that the light should be coming from somewhere. Moonlight from the window might cause some rims around the window and nearby as well.

Maybe the wall with the window on it could be more back-lit, and get darker, especially ramping darker as you head for the screen-left corner.

-jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2006, 12:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.