PDA

View Full Version : AE7 crashes at rendering

fif
02-10-2006, 10:18 PM
hi,

i created a 2m20s long composition containing a visualized waveform and some basic 2d object transforming, nothing special, no real footage etc.

now i tried to render it as .mov and .avi, using different codecs (xvid, sorensen 3) and also uncompressed rendering.

the render process always crashed at a certain frame (418) so i tried to render from frame 0-417, then the single frame 418 and from 419 to end.
this time it didnt crash at frame 418, on another frame, 600 something.

what could be the reason for that?

thanks in advance

Mylenium
02-10-2006, 10:46 PM
hi,

i created a 2m20s long composition containing a visualized waveform and some basic 2d object transforming, nothing special, no real footage etc.

now i tried to render it as .mov and .avi, using different codecs (xvid, sorensen 3) and also uncompressed rendering.

the render process always crashed at a certain frame (418) so i tried to render from frame 0-417, then the single frame 418 and from 419 to end.
this time it didnt crash at frame 418, on another frame, 600 something.

what could be the reason for that?

thanks in advance

Most likely your audio file is damaged (or is i6t an MP3?) AE is far from perfect at using audio. You should try to load your audio file into a sound editing app such as Nero Soundeditor and save it from there to a new file. This should fix all potential problems with damaged samples contained in the file. Should you use video files or image sequences as footage, do the same and check them in an external program.

Mylenium

tb582
02-11-2006, 02:28 AM
I would agree and say that it is probably your audio file if you using anything but wav, especially mp3...

If its not the audio I would say that some of your file might be corrupt. I would try running chkdsk on your hdd.

fif
02-11-2006, 07:22 AM
thanks a lot, the audio file im using actually is a mp3 file.

should i only re-save it from an editing program or should i put it to another format ?

Mylenium
02-11-2006, 09:17 AM
thanks a lot, the audio file im using actually is a mp3 file.

should i only re-save it from an editing program or should i put it to another format ?

Convert it to a *.wav or something like that. MP3 support in AE is very flakey and unlike WinAmp or other players it won't simply kep on running if it detects a damaged fram inside the MP3.

Mylenium

mdurwin
02-17-2006, 10:19 PM
I've had similar problems with mp3s. Just use iTunes to convert it into a .wav or .aiff file. Both work perfectly.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 10:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.