PDA

View Full Version : just a lil thing i made...

lollygag
02-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I always loved Escher since my first Art teacher introduced me to his work.

and i got a Escher calender last christmas and just thought of how to do his

Waterfall in 3D.. animated..

.... http://lollys.org/Eschers_Waterfall.mov

i dunno whats its for really.. just an excercise in POV

tell me what you think..

OneSharpMarble
02-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I like this, it's nice to look at yet confusing for the eye. It is a nice little piece, simple yet complex. If I have to say anything the waterfall part doesnt really look like water and the wheel doesnt seem to turn fast enough.

But this is pretty cool.

mstram
02-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Looks interesting.

The fluid "flow" in the "trough" looks good, but the waterfall looks like a shimmering continuous piece of metal or something. No waves or turbulent water.

What software did you use ?

Mike

CryoTwin
02-10-2006, 10:47 PM
ahh i see another avid Escher fan. I have “Ascending and Descending” animation in my demo reel. his stuff is just awsome to play around with in 3d huh? ive done quite a few Escher pieces, but never did the waterfall. NICE!

ive seen other people do the waterfall but you could tell that they skewed the pillars, i just slice off parts in respect to the view so it 'looks' like its behind and on top. good approach and execution. i agree with the waterfall texture, but still whats real about the scene anyway?! :)

~Curtis

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 10:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.