PDA

View Full Version : fade in

snot_nose
12-10-2002, 02:24 PM
can i make lets say a blood drop to be more transparent in the middle and less on the outer edges? (kind of like fade in) i tried to use radial gradient but it doesn't get the shape of the drop.

do i have to do it handy?

KINGOFPAIN
12-10-2002, 05:46 PM
try to switch the blending mode, that might work.

Serial Killer
12-10-2002, 09:45 PM
One think..if you are makin blood you should know how blood loks like........and blood it's not transparent so if you want a hollywood look well thats another thing and I think you can make an alpha channel and star using the mouse to work at the alpha channel it may take longer than a simple gradint tool but also will look much more realistic

snot_nose
12-11-2002, 11:14 AM
........and blood it's not transparent so if you want a hollywood look well thats another thing and I think you can make an alpha channel and star using the mouse to work at the alpha channel it may take longer than a simple gradint tool but also will look much more realistic

I think blood is supposed to be optically look more dense and reflected on the outer edges and less on the middle (fresnel effect).
i did want to do it as an alpha map for using it on a fence i'm doing in my background scene.
but then again maybe i shouldn't make the effort for all these small details if it's going to be in the background anyway.

Remi
12-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Blood isn't transparent....the last time I had a gaping bloody wound I noticed it was quite thick and milky...it didn't have a prominent specular highlight either...but if you're trying to go toony...I think all you need is some highlights.

KINGOFPAIN
12-12-2002, 04:56 AM
blood is transparent if its thin enough.:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.