PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave v9.0 and Messiah 2.2b Compatibility Issues?

Joscci
02-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Greetings to the Messiah Community:

We all know that Lightwave v9.0 is around the corner (or a not too distant future). I'm wondering if there are any compatibility issues known between the upcoming LW v9.0 and Messiah or whether it is expected to to run without problems. I understand that technically you can't know the answer to this question until we get a hold of LW v9.0 eventually, but I guess this question is aimed more at the PMG guys instead -- have they been working with the LW beta team to ensure compatibility or is PMG waiting like the rest of us (god forbid) for the LW v9.0 to come out to find out at the last minute to whether or not there will be issues between LW v9.0 and Messiah?

Please, allow me to apologize if this or a similar question has been posted before as I don't hang around this particular area of the Forum much. Either way, I'm merely a concernend Messiah user, that's all.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Regards,

Wegg
02-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I doubt Newtek would break its own native .mdd format. And seeing as how there are a few .mdd exporting solutions for Messiah. . . I think its safe to assume there won't be any issues.

The plugin is also a reliable backup and has withstood several newtek updates with only minor hickups since 5.6.

nvvm
02-10-2006, 11:34 PM
So all Messiah needs is mdd support ? Is it really that simple ? If so that's cool but to be clear, if another application supported lightwave's .mdd file format done correctly would that mean it would work with messiah ? Or are their other things going on under the hood ?

Wegg
02-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Its pretty simple. . . for simple things.

But then it never is that simple is it. :-)

And. . . to tackle the not so simple things there is a .mot exporter that works quite well. . . I have used it to get camera and null animation out of Messiah and into LW.

There is also the Messiah:Xform plugin that also works quite well.

Like I said. . . lots of solutions. If you ever get stuck with any of them. . . just pop back here and describe your issue and I'm sure one of us will have a solution.

Lino Grandi
02-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Lightwave 9 and Messiah work very well at the moment. I think they are a very good team used together. I really hope to see hard body dynamics and a better self collision clothing implemented in Messiah as soon as possible, to get rid of any other animation software and to be able to use Messiah for every aspect of the production pipeline.

Messiah is great...I really love it.

Joscci
02-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Lightwave 9 and Messiah work very well at the moment.
Lino Grandi, I must ask -- is this something that you know of 'first-hand', or something that you've read or heard somewhere else.

In either case, if it is true, then it is good news to hear. :)

Messiah is great...I really love it.
Ditto!

Thanks for your input.

Lino Grandi
02-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Lino Grandi, I must ask -- is this something that you know of 'first-hand', or something that you've read or heard somewhere else.

In either case, if it is true, then it is good news to hear. :)

Ditto!

Thanks for your input.

Absolutely "first hand". ;)

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2006, 07:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.