PDA

View Full Version : Two Key Editing Blocks Available???

catizone
02-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Need some help. Just getting back into messiah..again.

When I go to turn off Auto Key Create, it appears I have TWO Key Editing selections.
I'm sure that can't be correct, but I can open up both and get the full block menu.
I can turn off Auto Key Create in one, but when I open the next "version"
it will not let me deselct it in there.

Anyone ever seen this? Must have happened on the last update. Do I need to reinstall
(God, I hate that....)

Thanks,
Rick

Layer01
02-12-2006, 02:31 AM
nope you are correct, there are two, i have that as well. seems that installing the latest edit sphere update adds another block. One block has the edit sphere options and one doesn't.
i also found this problem:
when you set "Key edit" to all channels and "Spline edit" to all channels the little channel armature in the bottom right of the screen goes to E (extended channel) set it back to all channels (A) and the key edit in the block goes to extended.
this only happens when using the block with the sphere options in it. if you use the other one (the original) its fine and they all stay on "all channels"
i smell a bug! lol

Suricate
02-12-2006, 12:59 PM
When you put the the DLL of the new edit sphere (the file named 'EditKeyEdit.dll') into the 'modules/interact' folder, make sure that you rename the old file to some other name with an extension other than '.dll'. That way you should avoid having both files loaded at the same time.

catizone
02-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys!

Best,
Rick

catizone
02-13-2006, 02:49 PM
AFter checking, I had renamed the file to "old_editsphere". I decided to make a sub-folder and drop it in there. Viola....only one Editing block now.

Best,
Rick

Layer01
02-14-2006, 12:13 AM
AFter checking, I had renamed the file to "old_editsphere". I decided to make a sub-folder and drop it in there. Viola....only one Editing block now.

Best,
Rick

lol thats pretty much what i had done too :p

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 12:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.