PDA

View Full Version : Alias Supertoon Rigging DVDs

lane_hawk
02-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone here has ever used the Alias Supertoon Facial and Body. And if you have, are they good to invest in, would you recommend them to someone who doesnt have any rigging experience?

Thank you.

stewartjones
02-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone here has ever used the Alias Supertoon Facial and Body. And if you have, are they good to invest in, would you recommend them to someone who doesnt have any rigging experience?

Thank you.

They are neat DVDs to have in your collection. I can't say I would recommend them if you have no prior rigging experience. If you've set up one or two characters, and need to create a more dynamic and very cartoony rig then they are great for some tips and tricks.

If you're brand new to rigging, I would have a look around online first, and do a few tutorials so you know what you're getting yourself into! :)

lane_hawk
02-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks vyntax. That's what I was wondering. I've never set up a character before. I'm modelling one at the moment(also for the first time) and I want to him have that cartoony sqaush and stretch, so the Supertoon DVDs caught my eye. I'll follow your advice and take a look around the net for a few tutorials before I jump into the deep end.:)

blurgh
02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
personaly i thought the modelling part of the tutorials was terrible, or tho i guess your not to interested in that bit. The body and face rigging parts are excellent. For the face stuff i felt, you need to have some knowledge of facial setup already...

-Darken

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 10:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.