PDA

View Full Version : European shop ?where ?

opera
02-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi,

I would like to purchase Messiah, but I contacted today a german shop who told me that he's not seeling it anymore.

Does it means that I must purchase Messiah in US ?
I live in France,so I don't want to pay extra taxes.
If someone knows where I can get a copy in UE.

thanks.

Wireframes
02-09-2006, 10:16 PM
did you try 3dpowerstore (http://www.3dpowerstore.de/html.php/modul/HTMLPages/pid/39)?

As tu essayé chez 3dsuperstore ?

Phil

opera
02-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi phil,

yes .. and I get this answer few hours ago from powerstore.De:

"Sorry, we don't sell messiah anymore. You can buy directly from USA. We
just stopped selling it, that's why it is still on our website. But we
send our copies back on Monday.

Sorry for any inconviniences."

ARgh !!!

I don't want to pay "import taxes"... ship taxes+ importes taxes .. will rise the price up !!
I will contact my bank to see how much I will pay exactly (the real price).

US seems to be the only way for now. I didn't find UE shop.

Maybe I will wait the new release to not pay twice (to pay extra $$ for an update....).

thanks phil.

Merci, je vais tester la démo. Je vais voir ce que je peux faire avec ...pour ne pas faire un achat inutile. ;)

Wireframes
02-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Opera

Messiah is an impressive product it is a must have for animation.

You can eventually buy it here among the forum and make your transaction via ebay without any taxes.

Phil

opera
02-09-2006, 11:25 PM
I am a freelancer( it's for professional use) I need a bild. (to buy it from a shop) :/

Do you use it as a hobbist or pro user ?

Suricate
02-10-2006, 07:00 AM
Hi phil,

Maybe I will wait the new release to not pay twice (to pay extra $$ for an update....).

Hi opera,

updates of messiah are usually done via e-mail/download, so you will save the money for shipping and import then. Maybe you can contact pmG whether there is a 'grace period' for not having to pay the update, who knows!?

Good luck with purchasing messiah :)

rago
02-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi,
I bought messiah directly from the PMG site, and in the 299$ was included handling and shipping, plus I didn't have to pay any further tax.
I live in Italy so I would think that it would be the same for France, actually having ordered from other EU countries other software, such as A:M, I encountered the problem in having to pay extra 10€ taxes I don't understand for what since it came from Austria which is in EU like Italy!!!

Rago.

opera
02-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Suricate:
thanks, yes I am waiting to see if it's a "major" update or just as "usual" a free update ... I am sure they will make an annoucement when it will be ready.

Rago:
Thank you, you are a lucky boy, I may try ;)

When I bought Fprime I add extra charge ( not on the bild) but on my bank account... I have seen few $$$ in charge for the "money change" ... (but it was an online download ... no dongle or cd send ...).

you can read this post:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=312193

but at the end .. I think it's my only choise to buy it from US.
thanks !

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 01:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.