PDA

View Full Version : LOOPING Composition IN AE 5.5

tazmanian
12-10-2002, 09:19 AM
Hi guys...... im working in a project..... that has a gradient background.... and on the BG ... some flowers ..... fallling .

i created a rotating flower in a new composition.
iinside the flower comp i rotate the flower ones.....
and i came to my main composition..... i need to loop the flower comp to rest of the animation.....

i know can loop a footage with interpolate > main

but why we cant loop a composition.. ?????????

any AE experts ..please help me .....:buttrock:

ratbaggy
12-10-2002, 10:51 PM
if it's a real problem you can always create a 'pre-comp', basically by rendering out the composition to external file/s re-importing, then looping that footage.

tazmanian
12-11-2002, 04:05 AM
mmmm..ratbaggy............
i tried convert the layer to pre-comp ... it showing the same.
i dont think it will work .......
please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ratbaggy
12-11-2002, 04:15 AM
I meant render it out and import the rendered sequence...

:)

tazmanian
12-11-2002, 05:00 AM
ya.... its possible but if i going to render that ..... i cant import as a transparent object ........ i created the flower in Illustrator and Import it ... if i going to render that perticular flower animation .... im loosing the quality right .....

ratbaggy
12-11-2002, 06:21 AM
you could always render with an alpha channel, that would get you around the transparency problem.

otherwise it looks like your gonna have to just place more copies of the clip(comp) in the final comp timeline and position them manually. Then to save timeline space, pre-comp those clips to one.

:)

HTH

tazmanian
12-11-2002, 07:01 AM
mmm....sounds like a big process ah....!!!:eek:

skidd
12-11-2002, 11:59 AM
my english is bad, and i think that i don't understand really the question, but it's too simple.

Create the flowers layers in a Pre-comp (Select all the flowers and press CRTL+C), set the Pre-comp time of this Flowers at the exact time of the animation, in another Comp press CTRL+D (Duplicate) and you can create a sequence of this a lot of Pre-Comp. If this "Comp of Pre-Comp" :) is too big, create another Pre-Comp of the Comp of the Pre-Comp.
your sound i can put in the Comp of Pre-comp.
do you get it?! :)

i hope that i will help you

bye ;-*

froggyplat
12-11-2002, 05:17 PM
check www.creativecow.net forums. there are threads there that show you how to use expressions to loop comps without pre-rendering.

ratbaggy
12-12-2002, 04:54 AM
ah, expressions! You learn something new everyday.

specifically, the tute is here:
http://www.creativecow.net/forum/read_post.php?postid=103486619183225&forumid=2

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.