PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the day: Project management [2]

halfworld
02-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Browsing someone else's project set up today made me decide to share a good windowing set up for EI.

90% of the time I use a two window set-up, I know several 'power users' do the same thing. It's much faster for large scenes because Animator only has 2 windows to draw instead of the usual four (note: lights slow OpenGL down more then polygons!)...

Click here to see my setup (http://homepage.mac.com/cake_or_death/layout.jpg)

You can use the menu (shown open) at the top of the Top View to change cameras... how slow, don't you wish there was a faster way?

Fret not, there is! With that window in the foreground, hold down the option (alt) key and any number from 1 to 6, this will cycle through the views available to you.

If I'm not animating in a scene I would scale the project window down to just the object list. I actually run EI with dual monitors so sometimes I move the project window over to the second monitor and make it tall and then scatter other windows around it in a nice and untidy pile :)

Hope that wasn't too patronising!
Ian

PS. Remember: Alt and 1 to 6!

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 06:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.