PDA

View Full Version : duplicate joints and S. weights from one character to another..how?

yolao
02-09-2006, 04:30 PM
hi there

well i just spent the last 2 days painting s. weights and doing some corrective shapes with pose deformer...but i`m having some problems with the figure and i want to pass all my work to that original figure that has no joints and s. weights...

Can i do that?

thanks

pogg
02-10-2006, 09:17 AM
If unbind the skeleton and rig from the skin, hide the mesh and save it as a seperate file.

Import your original skin and bind it to the skeleton using the mesh you hid to put it in the right place.

Import the skinned character you've been working on.

Select the original skinned characters mesh

Shift Select the modified character's mesh

Go to:

Skin > Edit Smooth Skin > Copy Skin Weights.

This should take the skin wieghts from the fully skined character to the modifed mesh character.

A really robust skin weight importer and exporter is: "aeSkinWeightExport" which imports and exports skin weights differently and can give you added flexibility. Have a look on the web for it and you should be able to download it.

yolao
02-11-2006, 01:05 AM
thanks a lot for the explanation Nicholas...i will do that

cheers

rasmusW
03-07-2006, 10:46 AM
hey pogg!

where can i find the "aeSkinWeightExport" ? because it sounds like something i could use...

edit:
-does this also work on changes in the uv's?

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2006, 10:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.