PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Challenge #2: Acamacho

ACamacho
02-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Here's my entry for the challenge. I haven't put any textures in yet....just blinn shaded. But I comped it in Shake to add occlusion/color correction and volume light. Hope to put in some time after work on this. This is the first script by the way. But I plan on doing all the scripts if I have time.

Fire away. :)

edit: Still getting ready for the morning. D'oh! I forgot to add that it's manual lights with software renderer.

http://www.angelcamacho-torres.com/files/Lambert_CompTest.jpg

jeremybirn
02-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Looks terrific. It doesn't look as if it'll need textures to work in capturing the mood.

That window will need some glass in it, even if the glass isn't used in the volume light pass. Probably a few things will need some reflections, with a very light touch, even if they aren't full raytraced reflections of the whole room.

Would a hint of the warm light from deep inside the house ruin the simplicity? Could it maybe just be a rim or kick on one side?

The wine bottle lining up with the background maybe could be shifted. Instead of putting it over the trash, maybe the camera could be shifted down/right so the bright side of the trash can was behind the dark side of the bottle, then the can faded out to black by the edge of the frame so you didn't really see what it was. Or else maybe leaving the camera where it is and cheating the bottle position could do it too...

Love the little stuff outside the window.

-jeremy

sjmcc
02-10-2006, 05:02 AM
Looks terrific. I love the look you went for. I think glass in the window showing a slight reflection from the interior would help with the mood. Look forward to seeing what you do with this.

yohann
02-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Wow!!! That's great!!!

I like very much of rim light and shine on the bottle!

I think your blue color is very desaturate and the script indicate a non sad scene, well i think this, but i can to be wrong.

Beautiful job!:)

jeremybirn
02-10-2006, 02:09 PM
One more idea: even though we're all offering feedback and suggestions, it might be fun to go through and do a #2, #3, #4 version of the scene, before you go back and do more versions of the first one. Just looking at it again, I can see how it might work as-is in a series of shots...

-jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 02:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.