PDA

View Full Version : Deselecting Polygons, Must be a quicker way

acjwalker
02-09-2006, 12:38 PM
right here is a stupid question,

just started on lightwave and modelling a phoe, i select some polygons do some band saw then i want to deselect all of the polygons, i end up clicking over them all can i just simply deslect them all? usually i would just click away.

HELP!

R-6
02-09-2006, 12:49 PM
First drop current tool (press space bar) then just click in a grey area or use "?/" key .

KillMe
02-09-2006, 01:07 PM
there is s shortcut key cant rmember what that drops teh selection i've mapped it to the thumb button on my mouse makes for nice fast workflow

edit:
its the "drop current tool" tool as in not jsut the pressing the spacebar map that somewhere convient to you liek i said cant recoment using the thumb button of your mouse ( assuming you have a thumb button on it ) enough

Anti-Distinctlyminty
02-09-2006, 04:25 PM
The grey box at the very bottom left of modeller that contains the x, y and z values. Just click on that and it deselects all (make sure you don't have a tool in use, i.e. slap the space bar if you do)

:)

TimMehmet
02-09-2006, 07:50 PM
I just click the viewport bar, right next to the move, rotate + zoom buttons.
Off all the apps that Iv tried, I probably like LWs selections the best

R-6
02-10-2006, 12:53 AM
I just click the viewport bar, right next to the move, rotate + zoom buttons.
Off all the apps that Iv tried, I probably like LWs selections the best

Agreed! Once you realize the whole object in LW is selected unless you have highlighted points or poly's (yellow highlight).So if you use the Move tool the whole object will move without selecting it,when I first started using LW this was the bigest diff from other apps.

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 12:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.