PDA

View Full Version : WIP game character

monkeynutz
02-09-2006, 11:24 AM
This is my first WIP post. This is a character I'm working on for a school project. There's no particular poly limit, but I was hoping for around 7k. As it is now I'm overshooting that by quite a bit (currently 6814 tris). There are still quite a few details that I need to add as well. I haven't finished the head yet, obviously. I came to sort of a dead end in trying to decide how best to do the bill of the cap and the eyes. I've never modelled a character with 'cartoon' eyes before so I'm not quite sure how, specifically with making eyelids such that he can blink. Also, I have yet to model the mouth cavity. Any input you can provide would be very much appreciated!

screengrabs: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/kuma349895/turn_around.jpg

concept art: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/kuma349895/Dak_color_1.jpg
(I apologize for the blown out colors, the monitor I used when painting that has issues with displaying things far too dark than they really are)

I had to make changes to the shoulders from the concept for deformation purposes. The metal shouldn't deform and I hadn't designed any flexible joint between the torso and arm initially. Also, I'm not sure how to get that red indented slash into the hips without adding too much unnecessary geometry or if it's even worth doing to the base model. I also tried doing some large pieces of fur sticking off the faceas seen in the concept, but it didn't seem to be working out well, your thoughts?

Psyk0
02-09-2006, 07:54 PM
-Bring the arm back slightly (at least in the middle of his body)

-There's something wrong with arm proportions, bicep is huge compared to shoulder and forearm.

-The head resolution doesnt match the rest of the body...i would focus more on blocking in the shape instead of adding too many loops. for hair, i'd extrude some planes and use alpha maps.

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 07:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.