PDA

View Full Version : Short Film: PLANET FURY

foxtrotsky
02-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone

Have just completed my first real stab at a 3D animated short.

I'm very new to the caper and completely self taught so I was kind of discovering problems and solutions to stuff all the way through. I am totally envious of the talent displayed on these forums and it makes my head spin thinking about everything I still don't know about 3d animation. I am more than a little embarrassed about showcasing my stuff here, but I am keen to learn and happy to receive any c + q.

It is a sci-fi mockumentary, focusing on a warmongering race of aliens who have some self imposed obstacles preventing them from conquering the universe.

I used Lightwave and a bit of After Effects.

Follow the link on the main page of my site (http://www.xraystudios.com/html/mainmenu.html)

nikolas1977
02-09-2006, 11:44 AM
haha! lol!

extremly funny!

Well done!

tankerbug
02-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Okay so there are areas you can certainly improve on, but overall it displays a good set of film making skills. I particularly liked the image of a tennis ball against a titanic battleship. Well Done!

Kid-Mesh
02-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Dude that was hillarious :scream:

"Do you know that the word Vardac is used as verb which means to defecate in 52 different languages?"

hahahah wtf? Too funny.

OneSharpMarble
02-10-2006, 01:38 AM
ROFL. "FIRE!"

Great story, once you get more animation experience you will have a hell of a 1-2 punch with your sense of humor.

Gotta check out the rest of your stuff on your site.

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 01:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.