PDA

View Full Version : Rest rotation in LW 8.5, HELP!!!

Looneytoon
02-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi all,

I'm following the online zombie tutorial from mr. Schultz ( I think ). I'm at the part of recording rest rotations of the bones. As I hit the default shift-R key, the readouts are suposed to jump to H 0, P 0, and B 0, but this doesn't happen.

My shift-R key is bound to set bone rest rotation. When I press this key, I get a window where I have to insert these three numbers. when I insert 0,0,0 manually, the bone stands in its original rotation, but my mesh ****s up really good. I enclosed a few Jpgs for easy aidment

Tanx a lot

Greetz

Bob

ercax
02-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I believe what you're looking for is "Record Bone Rest Position", and the shorcut key is "r" (no shift). Good luck.

joshcxa
02-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I think what you want to do is record pivot point rotation. Tools > Pivot > Record pivot rotation. Be sure to set a keyframe after you do this for each and every bone in your character. See how that goes

Looneytoon
02-09-2006, 10:50 AM
It indeed did put the HPB to 0. But my mesh was all deformed again.

Now, the solution was, after I recorded the Pivot rotation, I instantly had to record the rest position. And bone by bone, my mesh came back in order so. I have the feeling the one can't work without the other.

Thanks for the reply

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 10:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.