PDA

View Full Version : scaling/moving animated nulls, mocap

aforetaste
02-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Say you have a scene file (LW) with animated nulls. Nothing else in that file.
In M:W, you import and parent these nulls to bones and use it to drive an animation. Simple enough.

BUT... if your character isn't human in form (and your mocap, animated nulls are) is there a way in M:W to alter those nulls to fit your new character in setup so that the new scaling will apply to the recorded animation?

Did that make sense?

Do you need to have an interum stage where you bake the motion into the bones... then resize the bones to fit the character. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

aforetaste
02-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I take it that this is beyond Messiah...

Wegg
02-10-2006, 02:31 PM
:-(

Wish I new an easy anser.

I know you could figure it out by creating motion clips and tweaking the animation as a whole by modifying with the multi select and multiple keyframe tools in Messiah but there really aren't any built in tools specific to that task.

Animation Master has them. Including mo-cap cleanup tools. But Messiah really wasn't designed for that purpose specifically.

Again I think you could do it. . . but it would be a lot of hands on work.

aforetaste
02-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks Wegg!!

Well, I set out to try a test with two animated nulls, putting a muscle bone between them (to stretch if necessary) but when I do this the muscle bone disappears.
I know I'm doing something wrong...

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2006, 03:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.