PDA

View Full Version : VC++ 2005 vs. CodeWarrior

Tlock
02-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Which is better based on easy of use and basic code performance? Never used CodeWarrior before just curious if i should consider using it.

unseenthings
02-08-2006, 09:34 PM
While I haven't used CodeWarrior, if you've got a specific SDK or program in mind that you're wanting to target/compile, you should check to see if it requires a specific compiler. The Cinema 4D SDK, for example, is really only usable with Visual C++ on Windows. If you're just going to be doing general coding (or not working with an existing SDK) then it comes down more to which you like better.

mummey
02-08-2006, 11:43 PM
This doesn't look like a good sign if you're considering Codewarrior for x86

Link: http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/Develop/Desktop/default.htm

Metrowerks recently sold its Intel x86 compiler and debugger technology to a third party. As a result, Metrowerks will no longer create and sell products that include this technology. Metrowerks will offer support for these products by hosting on-line discussions on newsgroups and on our web site.
This sale does not affect the right to use CodeWarrior or create x86 code by customers currently licensed to use CodeWarrior x86 compilers.

mummey
02-08-2006, 11:45 PM
In my own case: I used Codewarrior almost exclusively on Windows before Visual Studio 2k3 came out. It's interface was easier for me at the time and it seemed to have better STL support.

Tlock
02-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks mummy

I think that sealed the deal for me..... I will continue using VC++ 2005 unless i have a good reason otherwise.

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 09:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.