PDA

View Full Version : Character: head animation

tubby
12-10-2002, 03:00 AM
hey guys heres a small animation I did of a recent character I've built. the rest of the body is almost finished being built but i wanted to just use the head to animate for this piece. The character is based off of Hong Ly's concept art, and I want to thank him for letting me use it! Hope you like it.

http://home.attbi.com/~tubbytubby/bogginexpressionwithnamesmall.mov

Per-Anders
12-10-2002, 03:13 AM
nice! sick'n'twisted character, excellent work :)

Virtuoso
12-10-2002, 03:18 AM
My oh my Tubby..................Excellent,really excellent. Love the design,the fun but gruesome look,the animation as well. It all is very well done. In fact great job.:beer:

I really like your work,from the challenge you entered,to the private project you and your wife Mebamonster are creating and the last head creation you showed here a few weeks ago. And now this......................Really you are doing great.Well back to my private project............Seeing work like your's energises me.:beer:

Once again...........Fantastic work.....5 stars all the way...............:beer:

RockinAkin
12-10-2002, 03:34 AM
Wow, amazing work with the animation.
I gotta learn how to do that some day.

Where is that sound clip from?

Keep up the great work,
-DivideByZero-

tubby
12-10-2002, 04:39 AM
mdme_sadie, thanks!:)

Virtuoso, thanks again!your always so encouraging, your replies always cheer me up! hey how is your project coming along?:)

DivideByZero, thanks, glad you like it. the sound clip is from an old Sublime album. I recently listened to it and instantly got inspired to animate something to it. i wish i used some of the other parts from the audio clip cuz theyre hilarious, but there's too much swearing.

huh?
12-10-2002, 11:59 AM
wow! He look's fantastic. those nipples on the head. hehehe.
He realy deserves a body.
:bounce:

shoey
12-10-2002, 12:08 PM
love it. really great animation, and love the character. Great work:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

fellah
12-10-2002, 12:32 PM
ahahahaha!!! :love:

:shame:

(now, with that smiley, I brought everyones attention, didn't I? :) )

what a character tubby, I really like it! you should open a website with your stuff :lightbulb

:shame: (again, didn't I? :D )

really funny dialogue! raaaaah.. show us more! don't just tease :)

wolfy2525
12-10-2002, 01:37 PM
such a nice twisted and some what disturbed charcter you have there my friend. As fellah said dont tease us we want to see more.:buttrock:

tubby
12-10-2002, 05:59 PM
haahha, thanks everyone!
thanks huh?, yeah the body is soon on its way. I was thinking those things on his head were more like bump/zit looking, but that nipple suggestion gives me some ideas for the body.:)

thank you shoey!

:surprised Fellah, hahah. i don' t know about anyone else but it got my attention. those shame smilies are EVIL. those beatie little eyes, with those weee little fingers. I'm actually trying to get a site together but its taking a while. I keep procrastinating.

wolfy and fellah, I almost finished building the body of this character, maybe i'll post it in WIP when i'm done, but then again, maybe not, ok, i will, no i wont...:)

Kurtzar
12-10-2002, 11:32 PM
:shame: :shame: :shame: Just kidding. ;) Blame Fellah.
:)

Looks great.Love the model.The animation is cool too.:beer:

raden
12-11-2002, 12:28 AM
:buttrock:Whoaa:buttrock:

Amazing!

Man tubby, you definetly GOOD. :bowdown:
Great design character, great texture(ah that pinky tone is so yummy:drool: ) ,great animation,hella funny dialog:p (Sublime rocked, not anymore, hes dead:cry: ).

I think I gottta set my standard on this for now on.
Now c'mon please show us his body tubby:bounce:

Best regards

beansmith
12-11-2002, 01:59 AM
very cool reel. very expressive. We see the creature stuck in a block of a body, but yet we see the head movement with ears constantly twitching and the eyes constanly wondering, more than suggest that he can not be restrant, even without a body.
Mr tubby, the concept designer Hong Ly. Is it the same guy from "characterdesigns.com" ?

tubby
12-11-2002, 02:36 AM
aaahhhh, no more of the evil :shame: , fellah what have you started!!;)

hey thanks guys! I'm almost done with the body, I'm working on it as we speak! Hello beansmith, yes it is the same artist. I'm really inspired by Hong Ly's work, he's easily one of my favorite artists. :twisted:

fellah
12-11-2002, 07:41 PM
ahahaha, good Kurtzar! :) I think he needs a little shame smiley now and then, it makes him good to be afraid from time to time! ;)

maybe i'll post it in WIP when i'm done, but then again, maybe not, ok, i will, no i wont...
you have a couple of days to show us what's up, if not -> :shame: and maybe even -> :annoyed:
I really wan't to see his body, this character is to beautiful not to be shown to the public! :)

Virtuoso
12-11-2002, 07:54 PM
:shame: :shame: :shame:

It's all Fellah's fault. As Kurtzar said.;)

We should call this the "Finger of Fellah", instead of the already universally known "Finger"...............;)

If you don't get that body up soon Tubby I think plenty more "Fellah Fingers" will be showing up here.;)

Hope to see it soon......That head is top notch fun.:beer:

lildragon
12-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Very well executed! The subtle motions and such really pack it in for the punch... not to mention the model is very stylish and kewl :) He's one crazy sonofa.....

heheh

You have received the CGtalk choice award. Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Congrats again, extremely well done, keep it up!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - when it becomes available

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_dec_2000_2.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

Adam
12-11-2002, 10:49 PM
Wow that is really really great work. Great Charcter and great motion. I love the ear thingies wiglin.

Wow

JBruckner
12-11-2002, 11:40 PM
Very cool, flawless in my opionion. Hey I noticed you live in Portland, like wher in Portland? I also live here.

ed209
12-11-2002, 11:48 PM
The facial animation is popping at "gonna what"...you may want to smooth that out a tad.

Nice start on the model! Can't wait to see him finished.

zappatoff
12-11-2002, 11:53 PM
very nice job... :beer:

Dmon
12-12-2002, 12:21 AM
Really HUGE work...:applause: :applause:

I can't wait to see the body :xtreme:

brkofdon
12-12-2002, 12:33 AM
Great work! very very impressed tubby. you really put some life into that weird looking creature! .....im truly in awe of your talent! now i just want to draw up characters for u to model, man i cant wait until you have my creature finished!....

o and bout those fur characters i want u to do model...i have a whole family of characters for u and possibly your wife to mess with! if you want to? im so hyped to be working with you...i feel so cool now that i know you hahahahahaha

keep modeling and ill keep drawing! we gonna kick some hizass word up yo

:eek: :eek: :eek:

KID
12-12-2002, 12:43 AM
I ****ing love it lol omg wtf rolflmfao ha ha ha aha hah ha aha g2g ttyl bye

Stevie-rae
12-12-2002, 12:54 AM
Exellent character Tubby and cool animation bud !!!!:thumbsup:

fireman
12-12-2002, 01:54 AM
dats is simply so COOOLLL!!! haha! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: lookin forward 4 the rest of the body!

tjbeseda
12-12-2002, 01:59 AM
i give it a wicked nice!

facial
12-12-2002, 02:12 AM
Great work, and nice character animation. Keeppost up:applause:

tubby
12-12-2002, 02:23 AM
oh wow, I got a cgtalk award!!! thank you very much you guys, this place is soo full of talent that I'm stunned that mine would ever get an award.thank you lildragon, means a lot:).

thank you Adam, your too kind:)
Glitchwolf , thank you. I live in beaverton, do you attend school at AI?
ed209, thanks for the suggestion!:)i see it now. thanks for the compliments!
zappatoff, Dmon , KID, Stevie-rae,thank you very much!:):)
brkofdon , hey thanks man, I'm just about ready to start your characters, I'm really excited about it! Mebamonster would be honored to be able to use your art!Thanks for your compliments, your a talented artists and your compliments mean a lot, I feel very fortunate to be able to be working with you!

now, back to the issue at hand; the bombardment and hostile posts of the evil:shame: have forced me to work around the clock to finish the body of the character. I no longer can avoid the devilish acts of Fellah and his followers.:) here are some really rough shots of the character.i hope to add the detail through the textures, so i hope he doesn't look too plain without them. sorry he's not textured yet. i'm gonna do that next.

dvornik
12-12-2002, 03:36 AM
He-he. I expected him to be a small guy.

Very talented animation, Tubby. The only thing - you may want to let him blink sometimes, I guess it's not a real issue in a short animation like that.

:thumbsup:

rayz
12-12-2002, 05:54 AM
lol, me too, thought he would be smaller by the way the head looks in the animation, also the way he speaks (you know the tone of the voice). But hes big :bounce: a surprise :applause: :applause: :applause:

looking good :airguitar

Roach[MXF]
12-12-2002, 06:42 AM
Pat that guy looks great and as for all the people that keep referring to Amila as "the wife" I appologize on their behalf these two are both freaking amazing I eagerly await the 106.7 degree movie :) and I need to see the animation with the extended play and the you know hehe :) anyway haha I am very proud to be a friend of yours and Amilas. BUT we need to see Two Towers on the 18th with Heather :) Anyway Great job and Lildragon great job by awarding them the choice award they deserve it and I have a smile on my face thinking about that character. Great job GUYSS!!! YEAHH! -Jeremy- :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Adam
12-12-2002, 06:58 AM
thats a great body. I must say I expected a small chubby guy for some reason, but this is still fantasic just different:thumbsup: God I can't wait until he is textured and moving. Keep updating.:wavey:

fellah
12-12-2002, 09:35 AM
:surprised :insane:

you have started to really amaze me lately tubby, your work just gets better and better. what are you eating? I'm glad you are featured on the frontpage now, you deserve it well.

and good virtuoso ;) but I think he deserve my thumb now instead :thumbsup:

at least for a while ;)

Virtuoso
12-12-2002, 10:13 AM
Well Tubby knows how I feel about his talent now for quite some time. And while Fellah is giving a well deserved thumbs up,I too will give many.I really love this creation. It has that extra feel and quality of the high kind.

106.7 degree is on my "To look for eagerly list".........Great job Tubby........Your pal Virtuoso..........:beer:

Oh here are those well deserved thumbs way up.............................:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

noorlander
12-12-2002, 01:18 PM
everyone allready said everthing.... keep on keeping it on!

ghZaaaRK
12-12-2002, 01:35 PM
Is it possible to get a version MPEG or Divx?
I would like to watch it please.

Or then Quicktime 4 but no ****in' Sorensore758. ;-)

thanks

***EDIT

Forget. That doesn't have importance.
Sorry for the disturbance. -)

Capt. Ney
12-12-2002, 06:26 PM
beautiful man, he's got tons of style and character
:surprised
not to metion being voiced by raliegh theodore sakers :applause:
u've done a great job at visualizing that nut job

tubby
12-12-2002, 09:04 PM
hey dvornik, glad to hear from you! Yeah , i think i surprised everyone with the size of the character. thanks for the nice words man.I'm thinking when i find sometime im might try animating the whole character to another part of that track.

ghZaaaRK , ihope you got it figured out, if not i would be happy to set up an mpeg format version.:)

rayz, thank you for the nice words, i totally agree with you guys, it would seem that his body should be smaller :)

Roach[MXF],thanks man, your always too kind. 107.6 Degrees is really close to getting started, I can't wait either! Hey, maybe tonite i'll get tickets.

Adam, thanks a lot .

fellah, gosh, I've looked up to you your work for some time now, it feels pretty darn good to recieve such compliments from someone who's work i admire. oh and my secret food is Tuna Ketchup sandwiches, they sound wierd but are tasty!

Virtuoso, thanks so much buddy, you as well inspire me! recieving compliments from you guys really feels great:) I hope we dont dissapoint you with 107.6 degrees, ahh the pressure, now im nervous.Holy cow those are a lot of thumbs up:)

thank you noorlander:)

Capt. Ney, thanks for the compliments! is that his full name you mentioned? who is the guy?

Dmon
12-12-2002, 10:07 PM
Well...

What can I say..Awsome, Magnificent, Surprising....HUGE :buttrock:

As the most of the guys ,I also thought the body would be small..(tiny, in fact):)

but I think this is the great thing about this character...

I mean, the freaky voice, with that face.....fit strangly, yet perfectly with the body...:)

GREAT JOB MAN....:thumbsup:

ghZaaaRK
12-12-2002, 11:23 PM
Tubby: if that isn't a problem for you, i'm ok :))

After all that was said, i'm in a hurry to see that.
thanks

MrPunkin
12-13-2002, 11:19 AM
Great work. I saw this early this morning... and saw your sig pic and though to myself "Hey, I think thats the dude that he and that girl both had those funny looking cartoon animals and trees that they used for their tree project". It wasnt until class tonight (thursday) that I realized it was you because everyone was talking about it. Anyways.... good job again, very very amazing work. This is Bryan Corey, I sit across the table from you usually, and have been working on the same darn kangaroo for like 3 weeks if that helps at all. Anyways, just thought I would say wonderful work and I hope I can get that good someday. I just havent worked in max enough to know the ways to make my ideas in 3D. Keep up the wonderful work, im sure well see your work many more times on the frontpage.

LouisBrowne
12-14-2002, 12:10 PM
Im hard to please. but Im amased :thumbsup:
It's prabably been answered already, but...Are you going to do another short with the whole character!

danbran
12-14-2002, 06:20 PM
wow....great character...the flesh and textures are great....cool expressions too. Gonna have nighmares now.

db

tubby
12-14-2002, 09:07 PM
ghZaaaRK , really sorry i took so long, heres the avi:)

http://home.attbi.com/~tubbytubby/bogginexpressionsmall.avi

thanks dmon, im seriously considering animating the full character to a different part of that audio. ahah, he would be like this huge creature who is submissive and doesn't realize how big he is. maybe i'd give him a wife beater and some tighty whities, hahaha.

MrPunkin ,thanks for the compliments! hey you wouldn't happen to be the guy who turns his monitor on causing my monitor to freak out and scare the hell out of me. those ear shreaking screams are from me!

Louis J. Browne , wow, thanks man! definetly thinking about it. all this great feedback really makes me want to skip my christmas Hawaii trip and stay home and animate.:)

wow, the fishman! thanks for the compliments! love your work!:)

NelsonInomvan
12-14-2002, 10:37 PM
nice work you got there. i like the way of expresion i made

ghZaaaRK
12-14-2002, 10:52 PM
haha you're crazy, very good control.

no crits to add, the most of things were known as.

thanks for avi Tubby

psilipsycho
12-15-2002, 03:38 AM
That looks awesome. Your deformations are fantastic. I would suggest turning the entire head into a soft body. With a slight degree of spring and follow through you could completely remove any stiffness in the skin.

Baddass!

MysticDread
12-15-2002, 05:38 AM
Yum.

Yum. Yum. Yum.

:scream:

sumpm1
12-15-2002, 02:21 PM
DUUUUUUUDE

It's Rolly from Robbin the Hood!!

Yes!!, all of that psycho man's clips cracked me up.

You're psycho semantic blockage

That rules. No one ever thought this guy was as funny as I thought he was. That is one cool ass clip

Kenter
12-15-2002, 10:12 PM
That's impressive.Nice work.Just wanted to say give us more. :applause:

I thought this work deserved my first post.nice.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.