PDA

View Full Version : BufferSaver 2 new features

Julez4001
02-08-2006, 02:42 PM
New Update but its going Commerical.
The intriguing new feature is that it does an Ambient Occulsion pass and a simlar XYZ Ambient Occulsion pass that could a sorta new depth Pass mix?
A reflection XYZ and NORMAL map pass as well.

http://lw-fin.org/plugins/

Maybe enough emails will get thsi guy to release it sooner or at least define the new passes?

http://lw-fin.org/plugins/asa/bs/bs20.jpg

Varinder
02-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Does 'ambient occulsion' pass mean that it can create a shadow pass from HDR lighting?

gerardo
02-08-2006, 05:06 PM
I guess that depends on what is referring the author for Occlusion. If he is referring to backdrop radiosity, maybe; but if he is referring to an occlusion shader (his own or other), I don't think so. I'm really curious about this; perhaps these are the new LW9 features? (occlusion, SSS, etc)
Btw, ASA_Buffer already do some sort of pass to which you are referring, Varinder; but also it includes the lighting's colored shading, not only the shadows.
This is a really cool update! :bounce: Thanks Julez!

Gerardo

monovich
02-08-2006, 06:24 PM
this does look very sharp. can't wait to work with it when it's released.

-sf

PerfectLine
02-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Quick question to those in the know.

Is there a way to have this write out to a psd file that makes the different passes as layers?

Now, the real catch I am getting to is then to be able to not just bring in a psd file as a comp in AE or Fusion like usual but to have a *.psd sequence.

Then instead of having to render out multiple passes as different names in different folders you get get all the passes (duffise, rgb, occlusion, spec, ect) with just one psd sequence.

Is this possible?

gerardo
02-08-2006, 09:30 PM
About your second question, sure; we can load a psd sequence as composition instead as a footage :)

Gerardo

Para
02-09-2006, 09:20 AM
PerfectLine, at least back in 2003 BufferSaver 3 automagically generated Shake scripts for compositing but as far as I know it doesn't output .psd in the way you asked. I could of course hint Asa about this...

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 09:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.