PDA

View Full Version : AE taking 10-20 minutes to load?!?

andrewjohn81
02-08-2006, 03:40 PM
It gets stuck on the OpenGL section.

Is that only for the 3D openGL stuff? Cause I could just remove it all together, but I really think it should work without any problems.

I tried moving the OpenGL plugin as it said to try that on Adobe site, but that didn't help. I thought it was crashing before, but then I realized it was just taking 20 minutes to load.

Does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Mylenium
02-08-2006, 04:31 PM
It gets stuck on the OpenGL section.

Is that only for the 3D openGL stuff? Cause I could just remove it all together, but I really think it should work without any problems.

I tried moving the OpenGL plugin as it said to try that on Adobe site, but that didn't help. I thought it was crashing before, but then I realized it was just taking 20 minutes to load.

Does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

What graphics card and drivers do you use? What's your resolution? Have you disabled OpenGL on the interface (or by hacking the pref file)?

Mylenium

andrewjohn81
02-08-2006, 05:25 PM
in the FAQ online it just said to move the OGL to a different folder, I forget which one. That's what i did.

I didn't disable it. It was just suppose to forge OGL to load first or something?

I'm using the QuadroFX 4000 with the 70.78 drivers. That is the latest driver approved by both Adobe and Autodesk. I was previously using the 81.67 drivers (the most current). I may go back to that though because moving to this previous driver didn't seem to help any.

Mylenium
02-08-2006, 06:16 PM
in the FAQ online it just said to move the OGL to a different folder, I forget which one. That's what i did.

I didn't disable it. It was just suppose to forge OGL to load first or something?

I'm using the QuadroFX 4000 with the 70.78 drivers. That is the latest driver approved by both Adobe and Autodesk. I was previously using the 81.67 drivers (the most current). I may go back to that though because moving to this previous driver didn't seem to help any.

Yeah, they originally should be in the "Required" folder. I'm not sure if moving it outside of there will effectively disable OpenGL - AE will still scan all directeries inside its main directory. So it might be safer to move it completely out of AE's sight. You still also should try to turn off OpenGL on the preferences. I kinda get the feeling that though the OpenGL plugin isn't present, it's still being referenced in the prefs file (which as an alternative you could wipe so AE will create it anew). You could also try to completely turn off OpenGL support on your Quadro temporarily... BTW, it doesn't really matter if drivers are certified or not. From my own experienced I always found that certain version numbers work perfectly, but not necessarily the authorized ones. Most of the time it was drivers with one or two point steppings more (e.g if 70.43 was authorized, 70.51 would work). This seems to be related to the application specific profiles not always being adjusted with every new release.

Mylenium

andrewjohn81
02-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I kinda liked the newer drivers because i got a slightly faster frame rate in Max is all. Of course, it wasn't certified or authorized there either.

Autodesk is damn slow

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2006, 06:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.