PDA

View Full Version : mirrow C. Shapes in pose deformer turns everything slooowwww

yolao
02-08-2006, 02:50 PM
hi

i just finish to create corrective shapes with comet`s pose deformer and then i mirror all this to the other side and everything works fine with one BIG exception...everything turn extremely sloowwwww, not just the joints that i worked the C.S. but in all the joints...i folow the steps of this website http://www.tokeru.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/MayaPoseDeformer

and this are

Open the poseDeformer window, select your skin in the first field.
In the second field, right click and choose 'create new poseDeformer', which will create poseDeformer2.
Right click again and select poseDeformer1
Click the 'mirror' button
Right click in the 'deformer to' field, choose poseDeformer2
Set the correct mirror axis
Enter the correct search and replace fields, eg, replace L_ with R_, or Left with Right, or whatever left/right prefix/suffix you use.
Hit mirror, wait while it does its thang
When done, delete the mirrorData node if its been left behind
i follow all the steps, but i don`t know where to find the mirrorData node, perhaps that is what turns everything slow...

any help is welcome and appreciate

cheers

michaelcomet
02-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Yes the mirrorData node when left on will cause the slowdown. Either delete it or set the envelope on it to 0. It will be in the input history of the mesh.

yolao
02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
the great master in person...

let me thank you for make such wonderful plugins and scripts, i just begun to use the poseDeformer in maya 7 and is absolulte extraordinary...

I turn the envelope to 0 and now is perfect....

Do you have any script to automatic set an IK/FK swtich in a biped figure?

big congratulation for your wonderful work

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.