PDA

View Full Version : skinning/weighting problem

Rion411
02-08-2006, 05:13 AM
This is a fully rigged character provided to me from my teacher for my animation class so I have no clue whats going on. The left upper leg geometry is not deforming correctly when bent but the right leg is fine. Does anyone know what could be the cause and if it can be fixed? I'd appreciate any help. Heres a picture:

pogg
02-08-2006, 09:34 AM
it looks as though they are weighted differently, with the upper left leg having more influence from the hips which is causing it to push in like that when the character bends.

You can alter the weights by either using the Paint Skin Weights tool (best it is a high poly character) or by using the Component Editor.

john_homer
02-08-2006, 07:22 PM
I would go for the 1 click option of...

skin -> edit smooth skin -> mirror skin weights

.j

Rion411
02-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks!! I used the component editor and fixed it. As for mirroring skin weights, how would I do this?

Winner
02-08-2006, 09:22 PM
this isnt your problem. Your teacher should be giving you rigs that are working correctly. Its good that you managed to fix it this time, but next time take it back !

Rion411
02-09-2006, 03:14 AM
this isnt your problem. Your teacher should be giving you rigs that are working correctly. Its good that you managed to fix it this time, but next time take it back !

You're totally right!

CGTalk Moderation
02-09-2006, 03:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.