PDA

View Full Version : blending the effect of two wrap deformers - help wanted

Nenox
02-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi.

I have two wrap deformers on a mesh. I would like to blend between the effect of the two. If I turn the envelope of each to 0.5, I don't get the desired effect. Lacking a parelell option when creating the wrap deformer, I did the following:

* Duplicate the mesh twice.

* Remove the second wrap deformer from the original mesh and add it to the first duplicate mesh.

* Add the original and first duplicate meshes, as blendshape targets to the second duplicate mesh.

* The second duplicate now replaces the original mesh.

* Set the blend shape target weights to 0.5.

But I would like to be able to blend the effect of the two wraps with a few nodes, instead the blendshape/extra mesh solution. I looked up the parallel blender, but did not find much of use.

Any pointers??

Thanks,
Sune Kempf.

Dichotomy
02-08-2006, 04:41 PM
unless Im mistaken, i think parellel blenders are for blendShapes, not wrap deformers. Why wouldn't you set one wrap deformer to 1 and the other to 0, duplicate the mesh, then set the other to 1 and 0, and duplicate that mesh. Then delete the wrap deformers, and use the two meshes on the original as blends, you should be able to blend between the two and get the result you want (because you get the parellel). You will probably find, also, that the scene is faster, because wraps tend to slow scenes down a good bit.
Is there a specific reason you want the wraps? You can delete the blend meshes once created and not have to worry about them.

Nenox
02-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Hi and thanks for answering!

Parellel blenders are for many deformers in Maya. Cluster, lattice and the non liniar deformers for example. If I understand your post correctely - if you read my original post again, you will hopefully find that I allready do exately what you surgest, concerning the blendshape solution. Exept that this is a live deforming rig, so I don't want to delete the targets. :-)

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2006, 09:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.