PDA

View Full Version : Create & select... I don't want that!

la_piaga
02-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Hi there, maybe this is a stupid question but I can't find any solution in the documentation...
How do I tell max to avoid affecting selection when creating a new object (a dummy in my specific case)? By default max selects it discarding current selection and i don't want that...

Thanks.

Bobo
02-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Hi there, maybe this is a stupid question but I can't find any solution in the documentation...
How do I tell max to avoid affecting selection when creating a new object (a dummy in my specific case)? By default max selects it discarding current selection and i don't want that...

Thanks.

Could you explain what exactly you mean?
Creating an object via MAXScript does not affect the selection unless you specify the object as selected explicitly.

Do you mean creating objects via the UI? Because that has nothing to do with MAXScript and is the way Max works internally...

la_piaga
02-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Could you explain what exactly you mean?
Creating an object via MAXScript does not affect the selection unless you specify the object as selected explicitly.

Do you mean creating objects via the UI? Because that has nothing to do with MAXScript and is the way Max works internally...
I'm so sorry, but when I posted in my time zone it was almost 4am. :D
I mean creating (via MAXScript) a HI IK Chain, not an obj.

iksys.ikchain $'firstObj' $'lastObj' "IKHISolver"

Naturally you are right: when creating an object max doesn't affect selection, but it seems to behave in a different way when dealing with chains...

Aearon
02-07-2006, 07:55 AM
true, and there's also another inconsistency with the ik stuff if you want to call it that..

there's the IKChainControl interface that needs the ik chain to be selected for the commands to work.

Bobo i haven't found this in the maxscript documentation (there's just the interface with it's methods listed), maybe this could be improved. for example for IKChainControl.assumeprefangles() to work you need to have an ikchain selected

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2006, 07:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.