PDA

View Full Version : Character Animation Demo Reel

lot15
12-09-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey folks,

here's my most recent demo reel. I'm hope you guys could help me out with some tips, crits, advice, hope, etc. before I start sending them out

anyways, newer stuff with "the ferret" is the first half, selected clips from my student film "David & the Giant" makes up the last half.

http://members.shaw.ca/kyc40/KCheungReel.mov

Thanks!
Keith

akewt
12-09-2002, 09:14 PM
thats great keith. the ferret emotions are fantastic. my opinion would be that if you had a reel of just those ferrets performing 4 or 5 emoted pieces it would be stunnng!! the animation in these are far superior to rest of reel, maybe recent work im guessing.

wp
kev

lot15
12-10-2002, 08:09 PM
akewt: thanks for the tips! Sometimes there's plenty of critiques on the movement, but nothing much is said about the acting, so thanks. and you're right, the ferret clips are my most recent work.

As for the earlier stuff, I'm trying to decide what to leave in or what to leave out, or if I should leave it out all together...That's probably one of the main reasons I'm posting it up here.

thanks
Keith

akewt
12-10-2002, 09:55 PM
cool dude

the only thing i'd say and i'm no expert in anim showreels, is that it would be thin on the ground with only those two. if you had more of the same type it would be ultra sweet, otherwise leave them in. but really good stuff. you can see how youve studied a film excert and recreated it in your own style. its all good! good luck man, you probably wont need it....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.