PDA

View Full Version : bump mapping and sculpting

SheepFactory
03-02-2002, 07:23 AM
Hi guys ,

2 quick questions:

1-) when i turn on bump mapping i dont see the effect in the renders for some reason , am i skipping a step?, Also how do i use the internal procedural textures in bump maps? , i created a bump map (or generate bump) node in the render three and connected a fractal texture to it , which resulted in a really bright object (it looks like its controlling the incadescence instead of bump)

2-) does xsi have a tool like maya artisan where i can quickly sculpt my model?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the ultra newbie questions.

A|i

machuc
03-02-2002, 10:06 AM
Heya Sheep Factory! The reason why u don-t see ur bump map when u turn it on, i think it-s because u haven-t defined a Texture projection type (spherical, cylindrical, UV,etc).

For the really bright color I-d suppose it-s just the base colors of the fractal ur using. by default it-s white, and it really blast.

Well, there-s no "artisan" tool available in XSI, but I saw a tutorial where u could do something very similar, by using weight maps. uhm.. If I find it I-ll let u know, unfortunately I didn-t try it by myself.

hope this helps u out a little bit :)

SheepFactory
03-02-2002, 01:03 PM
thanks machuc , i'll try it right away!

A|i

Martin-K-
03-02-2002, 01:14 PM
use the proportional tool for quick sculpting.

press M to get into point tweaking mode.
then press and hold R + left mouse button to change the radius of the tool and use.

Gatsu
03-02-2002, 02:05 PM
You can use PaintPushTool for sculpting....

-Select your obj

-Property>PaintPushTool

Now you can paint your deformation like artisan

W turn on\off the brush
Ctrl+W open The Brush Properties
Left Click add value
Right Click Remove Value
Alt+Left Smooth

Bye

SheepFactory
03-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Thank you Martin

Thank you Gatsu

A|i

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.