PDA

View Full Version : TRex walk

PhilipFong
02-06-2006, 06:37 PM
This is my latest rendering intended for my 3d-ebook, TRex & Tree trunk textured in Zbrush model in Carrara3-5.
Map size 2048x2084, only color & bump was used in this piece, This is the improved or medium tessellated version, does not appear to render well in Zbrush because of triangles and only paint with the quad version, many modeler does not understand the need to build optimized model with dual purpose UV mesh, often there are either high res or low res and fixed UV arrangement.

Dual UV mesh is to cater for real-time game & ray-trace rendering using one base model, I have two types of model sharing one texture map; OBJ & Hash PRJ.
http://www.3d-assets.info/3d-ebook/TRexPg/TrexWalk2.jpg

eblondin
02-06-2006, 10:23 PM
surprising how little nyone actually comments on zbrush artwork in zbrush forum here huh?

awesome work man, only crit is to have some shadows from the leaves/canopy being cast onto the trex to make him appear to be intact with his environment.

Andreseloy
02-06-2006, 10:31 PM
I like the post you made, can you show what was do in ZBrush?
Thanks in advance
Congratulations for posting this beutiful image
Andreseloy

Howard Day
02-06-2006, 10:40 PM
So, there're a couple of things I noticed about the scene. The main one is that the lighting is inconsistent. For instance - the shadow is directly underneath the T-Rex, but the actual lighting on him seems to be coming from the side. This strikes me as odd - especially around the mouth area. It seems that if the shadow on the ground is accurate then the mouth should be almost entirely in shadow. Also, the shadows on the T-Rex himself seem to be coming from the upper-left hand side of the image. If this were true, the tree would be casting a very obvious shadow from it's trunk onto the Rex, and the shadow from the Rex wquld fall somewhere off the right-side of the picture. So my suggestion is to unify the lighting, and make it all come from the same source.
The second and much more minor issue is one of scale. Specifically, the scale of the tree. the size and density of the tree's leaves make it appear to be maybe 10-12 feet high. Now unless this is a baby Rex you're portraying, that won't look right. I suggest increasing the density and decreasing the scale of the leaves.
Other than those two crits, it looks pretty good. The Rex looks well-fed, and the textures in general are very nice.
Keep it up!

PhilipFong
02-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Well Horward you are right, the lighting is from every where just ro capture the bump effects in a fast render. Just updated the image, how is that? I am trying to reuse some of my previous backgrounds three years ago.

Hi Andre, its me (filip) the T Rex and the tree trunk is textured in Zbrush dino model in Carrara, I notice you have it too right? you can get the free version of TRex model with 1024 maps at:
www.free3dassets.com (http://www.free3dassets.com)

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2006, 07:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.