PDA

View Full Version : Sharing an Image

halfworld
02-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Just thought I'd show you all something I did last week:

GI (of course)
400 Primary, 0 Secondary, 2 bounces, 4x4 sampling
anti-alias sampling was set to 2x2

Rendered at 3x this size in just under 2 hours. Now that is what I call blisteringly fast.

Film grain (noise) was added in post.
Ian

Jpeg@35%

Vizfizz
02-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Nicely done.

Giacomo_M
02-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Looks great.

My only thought is that two hours seems a bit long. Are you raytracing all the glass surfaces here?

GM

halfworld
02-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeap I am, the occlusion pass is included in that time by the way.

RR was set at 10, there are 2 or 3 RT soft shadow (12 samples) lights as well.

Rendered on a single 2ghz.

I didn't optimise the scene at all (in fact I did the opposite by turning everything up) because the render was so fast (not a huge scene, around 600k polys).

Ian

Reuben5150
02-06-2006, 10:41 PM

I didn't optimise the scene at all (in fact I did the opposite by turning everything up) because the render was so fast (not a huge scene, around 600k polys).

Ian

Nice image !, i was wanting to see some of your archi stuff done with GI, thanks for sharing :)

Reuben

sacslacker
02-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Nice! Very clean and 2 hours isn't bad when I've spent 30+ hours on a Maxwell render that ended up about as half as good as that. =(

I tell you what though, with all that glass, I'd be kicked out of there in no time. Especially on the days I like to go "commando" until around 1 or 2 pm. That kids mom would be calling the cops in a second! Ha!

yhloon
02-07-2006, 06:36 AM

Ian

Ian, you do like to play with fire, don't you?

:thumbsup: very nice GI, 2 hours is not bad, but can you do another optimise version to compare the quality and time?

Loon

halfworld
02-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Yeah, the houses (which are not being built) really would only be for the exhibitionists amongst us :)

I'm a little shocked that the time is thought to be slow for a 2200px wide render with those settings....
Here is the low quality speedy version:
Rendered (all 3 passes) in 45mins total which is good! But the image has lost its magic :(

Ian

Scaled down version attached.

halfworld
02-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Nice image !, i was wanting to see some of your archi stuff done with GI, thanks for sharing :)

Reuben

Thanks!

You could take a look at http://www.watsonassociates.net/gallery.html
I worked on the first 6, also the last one and the third to last one - all of which were done with GI.

Ian

PS. The site isn't finished....

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2006, 07:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.