PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Messerschmitt

Enigma
12-09-2002, 07:36 PM
This is my first WW2 aircraft. I used Photoshop, Illustrator, and Max. Let me know what you guys think?

BiTMAP
12-09-2002, 10:50 PM
looks very washed out on that backround, but if composited it would prolly look okay (depends) and uhh yeah it seems to be lackin a real depth to the texture..

TheWraith
12-09-2002, 11:30 PM
yeah, if it's going to be flying past quickly or be far away it looks just fine as it is i think... but if theres going to be any close ups and detailed shots i agree that the textures lack depth. a bump map, specular map or even a displacement map depending on how close up we're talking would help out A LOT i think. other then that, looks great :)

Lurb
12-10-2002, 03:17 PM
Great model. I wish I could do one as nice myself.

And now the nitpicking ;)... what kind of 109 is that one? the nose and wings seem 109-F but the air intake on the side is 109-E like. Most 109-Fs also had retracting tail wheels.

I would recheck the prop spinner too, the cannon shouldn't stick out that much and the shape seems a little off or maybe too big.

check this:
http://pub131.ezboard.com/fallboutwarfarefrm25.showMessage?topicID=67.topic

for nice reference pics and details.

prasa
12-13-2002, 11:04 AM
Hmmm ... texture need more saturation ... illumination is bad ... good lightning can rapidly increase imression .... try use some good renderer with radiocity

Braxton
12-17-2002, 02:18 PM
cool plane man!

are you interested in modelling military hardware in general? then you are kindly invited to come to our nice community called military-meshes.com

woudl love to see you posting stuff over there as well

click here (http://www.military-meshes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)

cheers
Brax

dsigna
12-17-2002, 03:56 PM
I believe proportion are not correct... not sure but I think the nose more chort... and others details... but its a good job;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.