PDA

View Full Version : Can KPT filters be used inside AE?

Geser
02-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Hello!
I want to use KPT filters in AE. During installation of KPT it's written, that KPT filters can be installed into plugins folder of any Photoshop-compatible program ie Painter. I have selected plugins folder of AE. But they have not appeared inside AE. Help please!

Mylenium
02-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Hello!
I want to use KPT filters in AE. During installation of KPT it's written, that KPT filters can be installed into plugins folder of any Photoshop-compatible program ie Painter. I have selected plugins folder of AE. But they have not appeared inside AE. Help please!

After Effects does no longer support Photoshop effects properly. You could only try with AE 5.5 and lower. however, since KPT uses completely custom UIs, even that won't help because AE cant recreate all functions required for custom UIs. So to make a long story short: No.

Mylenium

evanfotis
02-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Even the few KPT filters that offer animated output, either have their own UI as Mylenium already mentioned, or could be found as free plugs in AE.
KPT Frax flame is more or less the same as AEflame. (http://www.andrewdavidson.com/aeflame/)
Ok, KPTGoo, is faster and more powefull than Liquify, but you can't see other layers etc. So if you use it in Painter, you can render a QT from Goo, even with blue screen bg (not super but ok) and composite it in AE.
And most other fx like the blobs, gradients etc, can be easily recreated within AE native filters, and with more control and options.

Geser
02-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Thank you for explanations! It's sad.

I need KPT Equalizer for AE. May be you know something like this filter in AE?

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2006, 01:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.