PDA

View Full Version : MILK! - Final Set of Ads

red-cube
02-06-2006, 07:23 AM
You're probably all a bit bored with those darm 3 milk commercials, well fear not. There's a set of new ones for you to look at.

http://www.edwardbruce.com/images/milk2_10.gif

www.edwardbruce.com (http://www.edwardbruce.com)

Raptors
http://www.edwardbruce.com/mpegs/Raptors60.mpg

Iceage
http://www.edwardbruce.com/mpegs/IceAge.mpg

Pterodactyl
http://www.edwardbruce.com/mpegs/Pterodactyl.mpg

Again directed by Ruairi Robinson, with him and the us (3d team in ScreenScene, Dublin. Me, Hubert Montag, Mike Mc Carthy, John O'Connell) doing the actual work. Also Charles Looker freelaced and Vadim Draempahl came in to help with animation for the final few weeks. He rocks! Great animator.

Hope you enjoy!

APD-Jack
02-06-2006, 08:12 AM
They are excellent!! :bounce: Animation, render, idea, all of them are superb.. I love them. :love:
5 star from me :thumbsup:
Front page i think.
Congratulation
Keep good working :applause:

sgbox
02-06-2006, 08:15 AM
i was like other commercials and i like these too. i m very pleased when I watch raptors60 and Pterodactyl. But when I watch the ice age despite the funny story I m very upset.
it is so sweet character to broken... :sad:
and I remember Stanley Kubrick's The Shining.. it has similar camera and scene as ice age ( jack nicholson was frozen like the your prohistoric man )
very nice staff at all.. congrats 5 stars from me.:applause:

http://www.suleymangurgun.com/images/iceage.jpg
http://www.suleymangurgun.com/images/shining%205.jpg

Tasimasu
02-06-2006, 08:52 AM
it s very affective commercials especialy first one. I cant eat fastfood for a while :) . anyway, wonderful animation and render. I wonder about the animation proscess. Can you give same detail of it. How many days you spent, animation steps. some shots etc ? this informations always inspired for us. thank you for sharing that commercials.

HeinoEisner
02-06-2006, 01:11 PM
haha great man :thumbsup: keep it up.

/cheers

splintah
02-06-2006, 02:57 PM
really cool !

i love those milk commercials
bummer we dont see them here in aut

the first one is so funny

the ice age one: somehow i would have expected him to check out those ice cubes a little more
he is just turning his head a tiny bit once and then stops - would be cooler if he watched them a little more

the knock out scene at the end of the third one is great ! :buttrock:

Ruairi_Robinson
02-06-2006, 05:08 PM
i was like other commercials and i like these too. i m very pleased when I watch raptors60 and Pterodactyl. But when I watch the ice age despite the funny story I m very upset.
it is so sweet character to broken... :sad:
and I remember Stanley Kubrick's The Shining.. it has similar camera and scene as ice age ( jack nicholson was frozen like the your prohistoric man )
very nice staff at all.. congrats 5 stars from me.:applause:

funny you should mention that - nicely spotted :)

Btw shouldn't forget Charles Looker from the credits

Saihtam
02-06-2006, 07:10 PM
really good ones, especially the raptors one!

Ranimate
02-06-2006, 09:18 PM
so good... so good... all of them!
Well animated, story well told and funney as hell, renders are awesome....
I LOVE IT!

:applause: :applause:

Ranimate

KahlanAmnell
02-06-2006, 11:16 PM
ha ha ha that iceburg one cracks me up. Good one dude

Canadianboy
02-06-2006, 11:31 PM
hey they look great.. would u give us alittle info on maybe the production of them and what apps were used and stuff? That would be awsome

LeBryan
02-07-2006, 01:32 AM
hey they look great.. would u give us alittle info on maybe the production of them and what apps were used and stuff? That would be awsome

yeah! we're really interested to know and learn from you. Cool Stuffs!

Santimon
02-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Only write to say Good Workˇˇ it's an inspiration for me.

red-cube
02-07-2006, 07:22 AM

Cheers for all your comments.
Firstly, I would say that I am part of a team, so I will pass on the praises to the others.

A little info . Hmmm

I suppose it all started with DDb Canada approaching Director Ruairi Robison with the ideas. He then spent a good while working on concepts designs for the characters, (http://www.ruairirobinson.com/milk.htm) and worked on storyboarding. Once the concept designs were approved Ruairi looked after the modelling and texturing of the main caveman. Its a model built by Ruairi in Ruairi's style. Wouldnt have been as distinct if he hadnt done this.
Whilst he worked away on the main character, the rest of us worked on building/texturing the secondary characters, the environment, props and rigs. Once we had some sort of environment, it was then possible for Ruairi to do one of the things he does best, light.
I supppose one of the main things that happens when your working on 8 commercials together is overlapping. There was lots to be done, so we were all kept busy.
If memory serves me correct, it was about 7 months total production time, from Ruairis first sketch until we played out the last master digi.
One handy thing about Ruairi directing, and the fact that we know him so well (he was one of us 3d munkees before becoming a director), is that he knows exactly what he wants. And he knows how to do it. Sometimes that can be frustrating, but in the end, you know he's right. You know it will look better for it.

To round up though. All the work was done with 3Dsmax. Rendered with Vray. Put together with AfterFX. Textures and matte paintings were done with photoshop. Also we had a few plugins working hard for us, and John (mr brainiac) wrote a few little scripts for us.

If I wasnt like the guy from Paycheck, having my mind/memory errased after the end of each job, I might be more interesting.

sgbox
02-07-2006, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Ruairi_Robinson]funny you should mention that - nicely spotted :)

:)
Thank you very much.. i really appreciate your directing.. I just figured out those frames, but you actually made it =) thought film hides inside thought frames :)

maxspider3000
02-08-2006, 04:39 AM
greet work, Bruce ...
i saw the previous ads b4 ... and with this too ... u make an amazing staff ...

congrats .. and keep it up :)

Winner
02-08-2006, 03:50 PM
These are really well executed, and they look fantastic .... but i dont think the message is clear enough.

Ok so its survival of the fittest... make a good decision, drink milk, be fit.... but I`m just not getting an impression enough that the guy is "unfit" in each ad so that he ends up getting some kind of penalty... I dunno maybe its just me.... I can see the idea is there, its just not 100% clear and "in your face" enough for an ad I dont think.

somu
02-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey guy nice concept, good camera works, amazing stuff

congrats :bounce:

www.arcsomu.com

red-cube
02-09-2006, 10:54 AM
These are really well executed, and they look fantastic .... but i dont think the message is clear enough.

Ok so its survival of the fittest... make a good decision, drink milk, be fit.... but I`m just not getting an impression enough that the guy is "unfit" in each ad so that he ends up getting some kind of penalty... I dunno maybe its just me.... I can see the idea is there, its just not 100% clear and "in your face" enough for an ad I dont think.

Thanks guys for all your comments.

I understand your feelings about the message not being clear enough. I suppose the main thing its more suggestive of bad choices, rather than a 'in your face' direct message of eat and drink rubbish and you'll DIE! And the subtle difference, between caveman and the others, in terms of making worse choices.
I also suppose if any ad gets your attention and makes you smile, it doesn't really matter if it says 'drink milk', 'drink coke', or 'just do it'. It will work.

Bartek|3D
02-10-2006, 08:00 AM
I've been watching these from the beginning and they make me laugh every time. Yes, I do think the animation could use a little more work, but in this case I don't care that much. It's the ideas and the story that you really nailed, I had some people huddled around my station at work today and we were all cracking up pretty hard! Nice work! :)

Mfunky
02-10-2006, 08:26 AM
ahahahah GREAT!!

very nice work...really funny ;)

T0NiC
02-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Awesome. Awesome AND funny as hell! :thumbsup: 5 stars .. and then some.

red-cube
02-11-2006, 09:42 AM
I've been watching these from the beginning and they make me laugh every time. Yes, I do think the animation could use a little more work, but in this case I don't care that much. It's the ideas and the story that you really nailed, I had some people huddled around my station at work today and we were all cracking up pretty hard! Nice work! :)

Have you not seen them on the tele in Canada yet? or in the cinema?

The two 60 seconds ones, Raptors and T-rex are done for the cinema. En-big-ulated!

lildragon
02-11-2006, 03:47 PM
These are always fun to watch! Great job once again:)
{PLUGGED}

-lild

Intervain
02-11-2006, 04:12 PM
I always loved those!!!

Bartek|3D
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Have you not seen them on the tele in Canada yet? or in the cinema?

The two 60 seconds ones, Raptors and T-rex are done for the cinema. En-big-ulated!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw them at least once on TV, but I'm not 100% sure. Definitely not in the theatres yet though. Hahaha, the opening shot with the raptors is the best, the long gap between them and the cavemen is great!

Malanjo
02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Well...i just have one thing to say: DRINK MILK!! =p

Great, great ! :)

animalunae
02-11-2006, 05:28 PM
I love these and I love milk ^^

I really like the eyes of the dinos! Classic!

Mylenium
02-11-2006, 05:29 PM
They are excellent and quite hilarious. Great stuff.

Mylenium

kmest
02-11-2006, 05:40 PM
hehe,,i like those guys,,makes me lauh all the times....great works so far,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

rblitz7
02-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Nice! I always thought these commercials were great! must of been a great project to be a part of.

Sollesnes
02-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Haha, how can anyone not love these? :D

MrPositive
02-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I wish there were more 3D commercials like these milk ones and the bread ones in the states. We need to take more chances here...oh well...the Fed Ex one was great.

Suryawanshi
02-11-2006, 07:15 PM
aaaaa, I just wana ask one thing.
Do u guys drink lot of milk ?!?!?!?!?!
gr8 commercials man..and the best part is that u guys are sharing it with the world cause otherwise I wud have never seen these beauties :D
Cheers !!!
Sachin S. Suryawanshi

red-cube
02-11-2006, 08:55 PM
aaaaa, I just wana ask one thing.
Do u guys drink lot of milk ?!?!?!?!?!
gr8 commercials man..and the best part is that u guys are sharing it with the world cause otherwise I wud have never seen these beauties :D
Cheers !!!
Sachin S. Suryawanshi

I personally have a minimum of a pint of milk a day. I don't know if thats good for me or bad. I just like milk. I don't drink hot drinks, and you cant drink fizzy pop all day, so milk and water win.

:)

BlackStorm
02-11-2006, 09:01 PM
ooooh look great
very perfect joooob :thumbsup:

Ferocitas
02-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Great job on the ads guys. The one with the raptors would have to be my favourite, a) because raptors are just cool and b) i love the anticipation on their faces when the tree starts to bend :D

Keep it up, hopefully we'll see more of these! :thumbsup:

Sherif.Nagib
02-12-2006, 12:31 AM
It's always fun to watch those, always gain big lughs in theatres when they're played b4 movies. I also really like what u guys do with cameras.

Antilles
02-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Awesome job, the raptor one is the best. I love the raptor on the left at the end, the way he lazily finishes his meal, lip smacking and all.

loocas
02-12-2006, 12:58 AM
:D

Mega cool ads!

I love 'em all! :buttrock:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/rating/rating_5.gif from me! :beer:

SMWilly
02-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Very cool, I especially liked the raptors commercial, and the bending of the tree was hilarious. :applause:

I kinda want some milk. ?

IestynRoberts
02-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Ha ha! they were awsome! Quite possibly the best animation shorts i've ver seen, they were made so well, and they all made me really laugh. I really enjoyed the unexpexted endings on all of them.
Excellent stuff man - well done!
-Iest

mudgift
02-12-2006, 02:49 PM
WOUHOU !
wow, it's just plain perfect !.:thumbsup:
It's been a while since we havent seen some 3d not trying to be "toon" or "realistic" or "game fx" or "movie fx"....this job SOOOO cool and's not pretending to be more then that...
a big 10/10 to you and the team .

see ya !
:applause::buttrock::applause:

e338
02-12-2006, 04:02 PM
damn it's all good. Very funny, very efficient. I just love'em.
The rythm is really mastered here :)
keep groovin'

Emmanuel
02-12-2006, 09:51 PM
These are real great.I agree that the "milk message" doesn't come through, though, but the "Survival of the fittest" is always there, and the milk message works as a "subplot" if You will, "only clever cavemen drink milk" or so .
I like how the mammoth drops dead, that's just perfect timing !

subieta
02-12-2006, 11:04 PM
great concepts and creation! So much time and action in the still image with a broken branch of tree. I also admire the last ice cube from the ice machine, even though the caveman's head freeze just before the ice age comes (somebody told that before).
I get the idea of making a milk a better, alternative drink, but it sometimes just doesn't fit me when I see these cavemen carrying theese colourful bottles and snacks. In "Raptors" I find it a bit too enforced, even though I like it. I like the second Sabre going out of view in the "pssst" episode. Perfect!

goulei
02-13-2006, 12:44 AM
wow..................good....

noggin
02-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Awesome concept and animation for this commercial. You get 5 stars from me for this!

Tilstrom
02-13-2006, 02:26 AM
all three clips are excellent, well done. :cool:

Loulu79
02-13-2006, 08:09 AM
What a message!

I get it. Drink Milk. The Natural Kind!

Besides...my skin is getting alergic to soft drinks anyway.:shrug: ;)

beho
02-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I love those ads

darcru
02-13-2006, 12:44 PM
I reallgy enjoy these ads...I think the lighting on them is great and I love the timing on the animations...the holds and the uh ohhs are incredible. Awesome job!

AJ
02-13-2006, 02:10 PM
The expression/transition of the frozen caveman's face made me laugh like a tickled chimp!

Excellent

:D

DimitrisLiatsos
02-13-2006, 02:39 PM
The one with raptors and one with prerodaktilus...(1st and 3rd) ..are just killing me...hahahah....very cool work...:deal: :love:

Voluntas
02-13-2006, 06:10 PM
at first i thought this were again some long boring movies...

...but no! they were;

fast downloaded
good quality
realistic in the way you know its cg but its nice took look at
nice resolution. something else. kinda widescreen effect
funny
and for a good purpose...do i need to say that? (drink milk)

thanks, i enjoyed the movies!

@lias
02-13-2006, 07:04 PM
great movies

joe_morgan
02-13-2006, 08:46 PM
You're animations always make me laugh! Thank you for that.

I just hope the U.S. ends up asking you guys to do some more. I would love to see your caveman commercials here in the U.S.

What's next for you guys??????

Mirwen
02-13-2006, 09:12 PM
outstanding work! I would like to see such advertisers in real world :)

sketchguy
02-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Nice to see the complete series!

It's always exciting to see more quality character animation in commercials.

Keep up the great work.

-Steve

joconnell
02-13-2006, 10:29 PM
What's next for you guys??????

More than likely some shit ads for cheese :)

joshin42
02-14-2006, 05:32 AM
Those are EXCELLENT! Amazing work guys! Please tell me theyll be on tv lol. Keep up the great work. That animation is brilliant indeed! Congrats

:scream:

b-lame
02-14-2006, 06:01 AM
hey,
i had a good start into today thanks to your movies!

ok, i must admit i don't quite get what the pterodactyl spot is about. *looking again* nope, really don't. but the ice-age spot is hilarious! i laughed my a** off. very 'cool' idea!

vbvcvj
02-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Funny and cool, thanx for sharing!

SkyNet
02-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Great work ! I loved the camera motion.

rafaelrubio
02-14-2006, 10:20 AM
jejeje, great work friends! are three spots a lot of funny! great aspect, cameras, animation, ambient... very very nice! :bowdown:

yolk
02-15-2006, 09:22 AM
5 star! good!

PaulHellard
02-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Great stuff

Ruari, jo, Vadim et al, tremendous!

I shall be in touch soon

medunecer
02-15-2006, 10:56 AM
perfect! and really funny! congrats!

red-cube
02-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks guys for all your great comments.

A lot of you commented on the camera animation and framing. That praise should be given to the director Ruairi. He knew pretty much exactly what he wanted, and has good vision for picking great angles. I think Id be right in saying its also something he enjoys doing too.

Cheers again

robinhood
02-16-2006, 08:04 PM
good good good

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 08:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.