PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Mental Ray strip effect error

DBH
02-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi

I am in desperate need of assistance with my renderings!

For my thesis project I am making a stereo panoramic animation. To make a stereo panorama I need to capture my scene using with a rotating camera and take vertical strip images every 1 degree rotation.

I have 360 strips for a panorama image when I stitch them together I get a horrible corrugated cardboard effect through out the image and I don't know how to get rid of it! This is noticable when I zoom into the image and even when far out. Ive played with more or less every setting in mental ray and still I have this problem.

I know for sure it is definately a setting in 3DS MAX and mental ray renderer that is causing it as I have tried various stitchers and the same error appears. My only problem is how to remove these artifacts entirely!

I have played with final gather and got it to reduce the seams slightly but it is still there.

Please help me find a solution to remove these seams entirely I really need to get on with making an animation and this thing is holding me back!

As you can see there are very visible seams where the strips meet up together! ARGH!

http://www.aqup96.dsl.pipex.com/screens/bad_stitch.jpg

DBH
02-25-2006, 09:24 PM
*bump*

can some PLEASE help me fix this!

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 09:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.