PDA

View Full Version : 3d gallery submissions should include wireframe pics

deaderthanred
02-05-2006, 10:07 AM
it would encourage people to be more honest about their work (if the meshes they use is not made by them) it really makes me angry to see some artists even triangulate other ppl's models when someone forces them to post a wireframe to prove whether or not the mesh is made by them. what happened to integrity and honesty? :(

it would also be an excellent way for members viewing the gallery to learn modelling techniques used in the image. also saves us from posting "you are a god, may i see your wires?" :p

erilaz
02-14-2006, 02:35 AM
I would still say it's up to the artist whether they want to show wires or not, regardless of whether people mistrust their integrity. Most good artists do, and are flattered that people ask. Making it a requirement would deter people from posting, and would clog up the servers with twice as much data.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from! :)

deaderthanred
02-14-2006, 05:07 AM
I would still say it's up to the artist whether they want to show wires or not, regardless of whether people mistrust their integrity. Most good artists do, and are flattered that people ask. Making it a requirement would deter people from posting, and would clog up the servers with twice as much data.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from! :)

nah not hosted on the servers but externally linked (kinda like how the high resolution versions are)

you're right tho.. maybe make it a requirement for getting picked for the choice gallery perhaps? for example: before it's added in, the artist will need to add in a wireframe shot?

maybe this requirement is only really important for "generic" meshes (it was what triggered me to make this post) either way, thanks for the response! :) it's great hearing what others think about this

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 05:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.