View Full Version : Compositing 2 images, want 2nd to pick up some light from he 1st
12-09-2002, 06:48 PM
I have a Background of some stars and a bright nebula and a foreground of a little tin can thingy in and 2 characters, well i was wondering if there was a way i could get the yellowish color from the nebula to wrap around a little on the forground img. In my AE book they say www.puffindesigns.com has a plugin that can do that sorf of thing and what the example they show it does looks good, but i couldn't find it and i bet it costs a lot, i kinda need a free way of doing this :( hehe
ok thanks for anyhelp :)
12-10-2002, 01:43 AM
Ok... Let's assume that you have a greyscale mask for your characters...
I'm just pulling this out of thin air... so take it with a grain of salt...
1) Make a new comp with your 2 copies of your mask on top and your background on the bottom.
2) Apply a blur to your top mask of twice the width of the light bleed that you want
3) Set the second mask to use the first as an 'Inverted Luminence Mask'
4) Set the second mask's mode to 'Stencil Luma'
5) Blur your background slightly... about as wide as the light bleed you want.
7) Apply this comp over your footage using 'Screen' or 'Add'
8) Adjust opacity of this comp as required...
I hope this helps!!! :beer:
Forgot Step 5... oops!
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.