PDA

View Full Version : CGCoice Awards trophies, and other awards

Dave3D
02-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi,

I really like the way that anyone that gets a cg choice award has the little trophy next to the name when they post.

I have had an idea just to change it a little! make the trophy image smaller and then if the artist wins more than one they get another trophy next to there name. Kind of like fighter pilots in the Second World War, when they got a kill they added a tag/picture to the side of the plane to symbolized their skill as pilots.

This allows the chance to give trophies for other challenges as well, such as the Main CGSociety Challenges, 1st 2nd and 3rd? Also trophies for awards with no physical prizes would be a very cool achievement to for the artist and would increase participation of future challenges, such as the FXawards Mini Challenges.

Thanks for listening, let me know what you think.

- Dave3D
:wavey:

Leonard
02-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Good idea, but that's actually a reasonably difficult thing to do. As you know, we use the VBulletin forum system and we've already hacked quite a bit of it such that everytime an update or patch comes along, it's a pain in the a** to patch it without breaking things!

Something like this would take too much time and effort to justify the benefits of it.

Best,

Leo

Dave3D
09-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Still a no no? even with the new portfolio system inplace???:shrug:

ThePhotographer
09-27-2006, 10:38 PM
I also think it's a good idea ! Although I'm not at all concerned myself !

A work around could perhaps be the same trophee, but with a "1", "2", "3" etc. in the middle ?

It would be quite interesting. I have sometimes noticed people who have had an award, but since then haven't produced anything as good as the awarded picture.

Fahrija
10-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Im not sure if it would be a good idea....it makes getting one single award a bit more valueless somehow.

And imagine how the layout explodes every time you see posting for example steven stahlberg or linda bergvist cause they both have approximatley over 10 awards.

I think it is good that way it is now.

best wishes
fahrija

helliwell
10-21-2006, 11:33 PM
I'd be happy with just one,

I can imagine setting this up would be a pain to do, I think the single award is fine, if people wanted they could always put award images in the footer of each message, (boy that would take some vanity).

Rich

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2006, 11:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.