PDA

View Full Version : Animation:animated intro

seaturtle
12-09-2002, 06:11 PM
Hey guys I have been working on this for a couple of weeks and it is finally done. I am curious to see what you guys think of it. Let me know I am very excited. It took about 3 weeks in total from Animations to compositing, go to http://www.seaturtleproductions.com/wdmovie.html to view it. I hope you guys like it. Any feedback + or - would be great. -Mark

Flog
12-09-2002, 06:13 PM
seaturtle, its nice to see you here. Still love the turtle introduction!!!

seaturtle
12-09-2002, 06:46 PM
Thanks Flog much appreciated. I just found this place! Unbelievable artists here!!!!!!

Flog
12-09-2002, 09:20 PM
How did you do that sea turtle intro? The model is good, the fx are good

seaturtle
12-09-2002, 09:38 PM
Well I dd it in Poser. I bought the model from Daz. Then animated it in poser. After that I brought it in After effects along with the painted bckgd I did, and composited it together and put some light efx on it. I went to your sight but could not see any images? do you have any up?

AGAD
12-09-2002, 09:40 PM
I like fx effects and modeling is good. Animations are a little stiff in my opinion and should be a bit more dynamic for that theme. And I think it needs more secondary actions. For example body reaction to gun shooting. And dolphin animation doesn't look natural, IMHO.

stephen2002
12-09-2002, 11:32 PM
not bad overall, the dolfin needs some help.

Running the logo over and over again was a bit annoying.

seaturtle
12-11-2002, 10:48 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I will definetly take the dolphin into consideration when doing the webisodes, well back to work

martu
12-11-2002, 11:29 PM
Hi Seaturtle,
eventualy I know what you are "curious" about ...
... for me itīs a little too much Poser ... I hope you understand what I mean. Normaly Serious Labs need much longer production time:)
As a game intro not too bad.

martu

webfox
12-12-2002, 02:24 AM
I'm confused. Normally the intro is made from the completed story and includes some of the best explanatory or action-packed parts of the show. Yet, none of this tells of a story or even hints at how these characters relate to each other. Your viewers are going to fall in love with your characters first and the explosions second. Feed the viewer a good diet and they will stay strong and loyal to your project.

I know you've worked hard on this, but things seem to be focused on the flash and not the content right now. Try doing some slower scenes with a change in emotional state of the characters. Pink squinching her nose up is cute, but it's a little robotic.

Breath life into the characters. Tell the story.

"The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams and "Character Animation in Depth" by Doug Kelly might be good investments at this time before you burn yourself out on this ambitious project. Don't get discouraged and always keep on learning your craft.

Good luck. I look forward to your future posts.

seaturtle
12-12-2002, 03:48 AM
Hey Webfox thanks a lot for the advice much appreciated. The intro is setup like a television intro to a show. Not to tell a story, but to show the characters and some flash. I was going for that, not for a trailer look. I will do a trailer once the 1st webisode is done and I will defnetly look for that book! thanks a whole lot
-Mark

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.