PDA

View Full Version : Use of CustomDataType in SDK

kassad
02-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Hello everybody,

Does anybody knows if it is possible to create Custom Data with Cinema 4D 9.5 SDK
and save and load those data in a scene.

I think it's possible with CustomDataType, CustomDataTypeClass and RegisterCustomDataTypePlugin. But I don't know how to load and save my new created data. I though that it would be automatic when saving/loading scene, but it doesn't work.

And nobody has an answer at MAXON's plugin cafe.

Thank you.

B->

Per-Anders
02-04-2006, 08:36 PM
you customdata type should be stored directly with the scene. but generally you need to generate both a customdatatype and a customgui to go with it in order to edit the contents of the datatype. see this post in plugincafe on making a customgui & datatype : http://www.plugincafe.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=4&TopicID=1116&SearchPagePosition=1&search=icustomgui&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

the values that a customdatatype holds need to be stored within an objects basecontainer for it to save with the scene/object automatically, otherwise you will need to overload the Read/Write functions of the object in order to tell it how to store the data. so where are you storing your data?

really with something as in depth as customdatatypes your best bet is to wait for a response from plugincafe tbh.

kassad
02-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Thank you,

I was already arrived at that point and have read the thread in plugin cafe.
but you gave me an idea.

B->

P.S. I like your StormTrace.
;)

kassad
02-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Thank you,

I' works now.

B->

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2006, 07:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.