PDA

View Full Version : Moving Polygons with COFFEE

Darter
02-04-2006, 06:51 AM
I'm trying to use COFFEE to move a selected polygon to a specified position. The equivalent expression works for points but not for polys. Is it necessary to move polys at the point level in COFFEE?

main(doc,op)
{
var selected = op->GetPolygonSelection();
if(!selected) return;
var polys = op->GetPolygons();
var polyCount = op->GetPolygonCount();
var i;

for(i = 0; i < polyCount; i++)
{
if(selected->IsSelected(i))
{
polys[i] = vector(100, 100, 100);
}
}
op->SetPolygons(polys);
op->Message(MSG_UPDATE);
}

Per-Anders
02-04-2006, 07:06 AM
polygons are just a data structure that contains indexes for the points that the polygon is made up of in polygon->a polyong->b polygon->c and possibly polygon->d (though c and d can be the same index if the polygon is just a tri, they're not translation objects in their own right. you will have to move each point individually (point[polygon->a].x+=100 etc)

Subcrocodile
02-04-2006, 07:16 AM
hard to solve.

Darter
02-04-2006, 09:08 AM
polygons are just a data structure that contains indexes for the points that the polygon is made up of in polygon->a polyong->b polygon->c and possibly polygon->d (though c and d can be the same index if the polygon is just a tri, they're not translation objects in their own right. you will have to move each point individually (point[polygon->a].x+=100 etc)
Thanks for confirming this and for the code, I'm out of the ditch and rolling again.

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2006, 09:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.