PDA

View Full Version : Corectiv Shape act wierd

donvlatko
02-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Hey guys,

It a problem that bug me for long time.
Makeing a blendshapes is not problem ,problem is when I animate.
For example, I made a shape on biceps, for example x -90 create shape and bla bla

When I conect with setupdriven keys it's cool, I move a join for -90 and shape look nice. But if I little rotate on z and y model go crazy, why is this happend????

Please can someone help me?????????

Hezza
02-04-2006, 04:35 PM
I've not really tried using blendshapes with SDK's driving them so i can't really answer your problems.

But, i would recommend you looking into the PoseDeformer plugin by Micheal Comet.

I've just started using it and it is absolutley amazing for corrective blendshapes like bicep bulge etc.

Download the plugin at:
http://www.comet-cartoons.com/melscript.php
(at the bottom)

Also have a read of:
http://www.tokeru.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/MayaPoseDeformer

Which is a basic tutorial on the correct way to use it.

Have a look at the sample video to get an idea of what its like.

Hope you find it useful

Hez

donvlatko
02-04-2006, 08:49 PM
thanks man I will have a look...

donvlatko
02-05-2006, 10:42 AM
hey Hezza , I try but it's toooo slow!!:(

but I read doc. and it look coooool!

Hezza
02-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I've not had any speed problems with it, except after trying to mirror my pose's onto the other side of my character, but thats down to a mirrorData node being left over, its mentioned in the Wiki, you have to go into the hypergrapth and delete it, after that it all ran smooth again.

How many pose's and deformers are you using? In total i've got 5 posedeformers on my model, (one for each shoulder, one for each elbow, and one for his spine) And them from that, the shoulders each have 5 custom shapes, the elbows 2 each, and the spine 3, so in total 15 remodelled shapes, and it all runs nice and smooth. Thats on a p4 3.2Ghz with 2Gig of RAM.

If its not the mirror pose problem thats slowing you down, then maybe its to much for your system, you can turn all the posedeformers off, and then just turn them back on at rendertime. Also some where in the wiki is says about using the Auto-Mem feature, which will trim all the data for vertices that aren't moving around and free up alot of memory. Which i did run on my model but didn't really notice any change.

Hope that helps and you get it running properly, its a really nice way of working, just moving your model into a problem pose, remodelling and clicking a button.

Hez

donvlatko
02-05-2006, 11:43 AM
I try on ver low poly model but I have one model that have 10,000 faces it wan't work, I can't make even on shape!!!P:(

I have 3000+ and 2gb ram

Hezza
02-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Strange, the model i'm working on has around 8000 quads so there shouldn't be too much of a difference between them.

I'm affraid i can't help you out much, i've only just started using this plug-in myself. Maybe try contacting the bloke who wrote it.

Hez

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2006, 12:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.