PDA

View Full Version : weird displace edges on export

gago
02-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Hello. I'm exporting these displacement files from Zbrsuh to Maya and I get these jagged edges. The UVs are fine. I use Bodypaint for texturing and everything is fine there. Why is this happening with Zbrush displacements and how do I fix it? Thanks!

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4538/jpg8zv.jpg

:cry: See? This happens to anyone else? It makes seamless displacements impossible.

gago
02-05-2006, 05:38 PM
hmm.. This forum hasn't moves for a full day now. Can anyone tell me what could possibly be causing this? I've exported the displacement in a variety of differennt ways but still get these weird lines on the edge..........

eblondin
02-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Can you post screen shots or renders from within maya of your messed up seams?

From what I recall. Most displacement maps I make in zbrush have that around the edges. I forget why it happens, but they have never effected my displacement maps inside 3ds max. They seam to be out side of the uv shells.

I am working with a character right now that has about 8 shells or so and all of the shells have that weird artifacts around the edges. But none of them show up in max.

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2006, 07:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.