PDA

View Full Version : surface shader out transparency allways overridden by colour?

Droolz
02-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi All,

Why do surface shaders outcolor property allways overide the outtransparency?

For example, suppose we have a tiff of a white circle with a black background, with the same circle in the alpha channel. Plug this into a surface shader and you get outcolor>outcolor outtransparency>outtransparency, mapped to a plane, it's all good.

Now we make the color channels all white, ie it's a square of white, but we still have the circle in the alpha channel. Now the transparency infomation is 'overridden' by the white in the colour channel and it would render opaque. Surely it would make more sense that if you have infomration in the transparency this over rides the colour slot? Any one have any more information on this, or how I can get this to work?

The example I've given is very simplified but I'm coming up against this problem again and again in different situations......

Jules

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2006, 03:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.