PDA

View Full Version : Mepi, Ether (3D)

ether
12-09-2002, 03:04 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/236/mepi_textured_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/236/mepi_textured.jpg)

Hi all :)

Been working on another 2 low-poly characters lately - an orc and centaur, both were modelled just for fun. The orc is 2531 polys and the centaur is 3000.

Here's the concepts for both characters:

centaur (http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/beebi_sketch.jpg)
Orc (http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/orc_sketch.jpg)

And the low-poly characters:

Orc shaded renders (http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/mepi_shaded.jpg)

http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/mepi_textured.jpg

http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/beebi_textured.jpg

Daveaustin
12-09-2002, 03:21 PM
Hey Caz... not bad at all young lady,

:thumbsup: no crits from me

fellah
12-09-2002, 03:39 PM
very nice. best lowpoly characters I've seen in a long time, great style :thumbsup:

Palm
12-09-2002, 03:46 PM
l like both of them very much..=) Good work.
I like your style.

Keep it upp.

bibi5000
12-09-2002, 03:50 PM
Incredible! Amazing modeling, great textures!

:thumbsup: :applause:

gaggle
12-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Wowza nice :drool:
I so dig the style of the centaur, very cute. ..I suppose theoretically there might be a boobage factor playing in as well, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Crit wise I was going to mention something about the lack of detail-consistency, but I dig the current clean style. Ie., say, Mepi's cloth has this verry nicely detailed alpha-mask it seems, and Beebi's armour has tiny scratches, and yet their skin seems largely undetailed. But as I like the current clean sort of stylized look it gives I'm.. er.. not going to mention that.

Instead I'll nitpick and mention how I think Mebi's transparent.. torso.. cloth thing is perhaps a tad straight all across his waist? Unless he's the kind of Orc that doesn't play with the other Orcs and instead spends hours lining his clothes up perfectly in front of his full-size mirror at home :rolleyes:

la_piaga
12-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Impressive!
If these are just for fun, what can you do for money?!?.... ;)
Don't get me wrong, I mean that your creatrion is really professional!:applause:

AgentX
12-09-2002, 06:12 PM
They both look really good. Can I see a wire frame and texure map for the orc? It will help me with the model i am making now. Thanks! Great job.

Whirlwind
12-09-2002, 08:09 PM
Great style and models.:thumbsup:
-D

ether
12-09-2002, 10:58 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I'm currently rigging the Centaur, and hope to be animating these two characters as well as my low-poly elf I posted a while back http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27089

gaggle: Thanks for pointing out Mepi's belt, its supposed to be quite tight around his waist, but I'll make it curve a bit, so it's not so straight around the torso:)

AgentX: Here ya go - Screen shots and the texture sheet -

http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/mepi_scrns.jpg

http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/mepi_texturemap.jpg

gigatron
12-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Wow those are truly professional low poly models.. amazing, I wish I had a girl friend who could do stuff like you lol...

Brian Decker
12-10-2002, 12:41 AM
I'd be curious to see how the Orc model deforms, especially around the shoulders. How far can he lift his arms without the shoulders collapsing?

Great work overall though. I think your style is great.

gaggle
12-10-2002, 01:47 AM
Blerch, cursed shoulder-areas, always troublesome.

Brian, there was a link recently on.. well.. can't remember if it was CGTalk or CGChannel. Anyway, the general idea was about driving morph targets based on the angles of joints. The article spoke Mayaeese, but the same concept shoud be applyable to any half-decent program.

The point is that it ought be possible to take your average rig, move its arm up real good and high, then make a morph target and tweak the mesh so it looks purdy and uncollapsed in that position, then link the 0%>100% slider to the angle of the arm-joint, and voila, the more the arm is raised, the more the morph target goes in and fixes so things keeps looking nice.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it sounded fairly basic-ish to get working.

So ether, if you get into trouble with the skinning maybe that technique could be helpful.

Roach[MXF]
12-10-2002, 02:01 AM
Those are sweet and so was thnat character you did about a month back. Everytime I see your stuff I get inspired. Keep it up :)
-Jeremy-

Titan
12-10-2002, 03:33 AM
gosh youre really talented, how long did these take...I'm struggling just to put together some decent portfolio material, but youre stuff just puts my puny efforts to shame...

but it inspires me to;)

lildragon
12-10-2002, 03:41 AM
Excellent work C, like I said time after time, you have mad skillz girl rock on :thumbsup:

You have recieved your 2nd CGtalk choice award. Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Congrats again, extremely well done again C, keep it up!

upon recieving this award, it gurantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - well it becomes available

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_dec_2000.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

Vizart
12-10-2002, 03:43 AM
You rocks Lady:airguitar
Very nice work..... like all the other stuff on your website.

Opeth
12-10-2002, 03:48 AM
psshh! i'm really impressed! very nice deisgn & concept, great texturing & modeling, very very nice work.

3D Bandit
12-10-2002, 04:05 AM
Outstanding.....I enjoyed your concept a great deal....by looking at her breast it is very understanding that a female modeled the centaur....:thumbsup:

I look forward to experiencing more of your art.....until then.....keep an eye out for me.....:buttrock:

WhiteBlaizer
12-10-2002, 04:17 AM
Wow :bounce: ether, that models rocks.
Excellente trabajo! :beer:

Kananga
12-10-2002, 04:32 AM
Awsome! Although, theres something about the back of the orcs head and neck that seems wrong, anatomically incorrect. But he's an orc, so its probably meant to be like that huh.

:thumbsup:

johngloid
12-10-2002, 04:42 AM
Are these rendered with global illumination? Either way can you please post some pics with only a regular spotlight or such? Something comprable to in -game light please :) Thanks

Don't know why when some other folks post in-game models that they use GI for rendering. Looks kinda queer.

facial
12-10-2002, 04:54 AM
Always great works, Keepost up. I love your works
:applause: :applause:

b.Schulz
12-10-2002, 05:17 AM
Wow Caroline - Those are awesome. Those look soooooo fun to animate. You sure do have style. Really really nice low-poly game models. Take Care.

Lunatique
12-10-2002, 05:19 AM
Big fan of your work. You have a truly unique style.

Airflow
12-10-2002, 06:11 AM
Right.... thats it, The last straw... Im gonna have to hunt you down.... and marry you, so my offspring will be superior 3d fantasy modelers, and take over the world... and make it bow down to tolkien..MWUHAHAHAHARRRR...ahem... sorry.
Probably the best lopoly stuff I have ever seen... You are definatly up there with sthalberg in my estimation of things...
er.. have I gone too far??:hmm:
:airguitar :airguitar :airguitar
I think 172 stars are in order... darn it only goes up to 5...

bored alien
12-10-2002, 06:17 AM
Wow, great stuff! And I really like the work on your site as well. Lots of character. :thumbsup: No crits from me.

PotatoHead
12-10-2002, 06:20 AM
extreeeeeemely cute centaur, kick ass orc, the models rule, and the textures are awesome!:beer:

ok, and now seriously;) : STOP THE FUC*KIN GOOD WORK CAUSE NOT ONLY DID I ALMOST SHIT MY PANTS AT THIS ONE, BUT IM GETTING FUC*ING DEPRESSED!!!! - in other words, keep going and good job....:p

shivacola
12-10-2002, 06:28 AM
Kewl orc.
Centaur looks like gay , i wish smash her face.

blc318
12-10-2002, 06:32 AM
Really nice stuff here. I always enjoy your limited color palette and dark colors. All your new low poly characters seem to have bows and arrows. I would like to see some with sheilds. I would also love to see some enviroments that would fi it there world. Do you have plans for any of that in the future?

wgreenlee1
12-10-2002, 06:42 AM
Excellent work!!!!

Asorson
12-10-2002, 07:07 AM
Very cool! I love the style, especially of the Centaur.

Miyazaki
12-10-2002, 07:12 AM
Beatiful, I love it!!:buttrock:
I like your concept art, too.:thumbsup:
Wanna see more :applause:

b.Schulz
12-10-2002, 07:25 AM
I have a crit now....after staring at the pretty models...I noticed the the centaur has a very small nose. (profile wise) It looks good (faked) in the front and persp. views but in the side view it's like a flat nose....(it's great if that's what you want though) But maybe it could benefit from a little extending or lengthing outwards (maybe just at the tip?). Just my opinion though...she's still super cute...but that profile is pretty flat. Once again, good work overall. :D

Ravennome
12-10-2002, 07:27 AM
I love the orc. He has that whole thuggy head thing going on, I really dig that. He kinda looks like Kain which always gets me going. Would love to see more work.:applause:

FLOw
12-10-2002, 08:25 AM
mary me...move to sweden with me... hehe :p

thats so nice! love your stuff! :thumbsup:

Primus
12-10-2002, 08:32 AM
Beautiful! I really adore your 3D stylings Ms. Delen :applause:

Twisted-Imperial
12-10-2002, 08:42 AM
not bad low poly at all. few questions, are those poly counts of triangles or just "any # of sides" polys?

as for crit: the belt on the cenutar disapears into her fur maybe try a differnt color? just a suggestion cause if you cant see it, it becomes a waste of polys.

keep up teh good work, love your texturing :thumbsup:
-peace!

fireman
12-10-2002, 08:57 AM
are you expectin dis much response??!! haha! your models are top class stuff. wats more, they are low-poly and they look damn good. :D are you in a game company or sometin cos me wanna play as the bad ass orc!

you rock! :buttrock:

NOV
12-10-2002, 10:03 AM
nice online portfolio! I really liked your style in design. I can also see quite a influence from final fantasy's charactor design, especially from IX and X (I am sorry if I am wrong). The models are awesome!

ether
12-10-2002, 10:06 AM
hello everyone -

I actually was'nt expecting this much of a response. I'd like to thank everyone thats commented on my work:)

lildragon: Yay, my second award:) Thanks lild!

blc318: My low poly elf (http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/nohie01.jpg) character was modelled with a sword and shield, I felt the bow and arrow would suit these characters better. I've been thinking about modelling environments, certainly, it'll be something I might do in the future.

b.Schulz: Actually, thats the style I was after. I wanted to give her a different profile than I had done with some of my other characters.

Twisted Imperia: Thx, I've made a note of that :)

Here's a wireframe of the centaur:
http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/beebi_scrns.jpg

bramley1
12-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Looking class caz

But wheres my animations :(

What do they look like in some different poses - if you get me.

Keep me posted.

Dunkster

Sinister
12-10-2002, 11:21 AM
Your work is just awesome!!

But one little crit, the anatomy of the horsebody is off, horses have longer "backs" (space between legs). I think the centaur will get slightly odd walkcycle, not the gracious galopping. sorry for bad english. once again, you rock!!!!!!!!!

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Faraguay
12-10-2002, 12:32 PM
Incredible piece of art. Clean style. Nice colors. Great models.
Best to me is the Orc.

Big fan of yours. Keep it up!:bowdown:

siku
12-10-2002, 01:01 PM
Beautifully crafted orc but the centaur needs some revision I think.

DaKrunch
12-10-2002, 01:18 PM
I like very much the centaur!

could you post the texture?

(cool portfolio too!)

blc318
12-10-2002, 02:19 PM
heh sorry for some reason I thought the elf had a bow and arrow. Damn memory..:bounce:

BoBo-the-seal
12-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Wow, very nice work!

I think the orc could use some grit and grime but it fits very well into your style, so that is minor.

Great job and I'm looking forward to your next.

- BoBo

siku
12-10-2002, 03:38 PM
not too sure about more grit and grime though, personally I like it as it; minimalist texturing.

DaKrunch
12-10-2002, 03:43 PM
yeah i agree that's a matter of personal style...
and she has plenty!

:love:

Wiro
12-10-2002, 04:49 PM
I think those are some excellent characters, also in the way they are built. No poly wasted. I think the textures are nicely minimalistic and have a certain smooth, soft look to them that I really like. Giving them grime wouldn't neccesarily make it look better, just change the style.

Wiro

hiko_
12-10-2002, 06:54 PM
Waouw very beautiful work ...
Congratulation !

kamikazerussell
12-10-2002, 07:11 PM
I saw your previous thread with the elf, and I immediately recognized your style here! You are extremely talented! What're you working on next? Have you done any environment modeling?

Mannequin
12-10-2002, 07:26 PM
I truly admire your style, your elf really got my attention, and those two new models are very very attractive. I hope you don't mind if I use them to create a wallpaper for my desktop... I admit I am starting to become one of your biggest fans here.
The palette you use and the general style of your models are definitely something that will take you far on the 3D road.

I personally like the centaur as it is now, the not perfect real-life horse size gives her the right "cute" proportions.

Now I would definitely LOVE, and I mean it, to see a tutorial on how you did the modeling of the orc... I am very very much interested in learning from your technique. So please think about it, even a movie of one of your modeling sessions would be great for me to watch.

I hope to see more from you, it's always a pleasure to watch your works.

P.S. Just a couple of crits for the orc, I would light up the render a little bit more.. it is a little bit too dark in my opinion right now and the spikes coming out of his shoulders don't look very convincing, flesh should deform where they come out. Rest is superb of course.

harly
12-10-2002, 07:29 PM
that´s really sophisticated!!!

yes, why don´t you put up any modeling tuts on your webpage,this would be wonderful!!!

also like to see the textures of your centaur. :))

levin
12-10-2002, 08:17 PM
when i saw the centaur i was like...
whoa! KICKASS!!!!

then i realized it was from caroline delen.
i wasn't surprised.

:buttrock: :buttrock: :bounce:

SkullboX
12-10-2002, 08:33 PM
Awesome characters and very well executed. I do have a couple of cris though. As mentioned before the model has some poly distribution issues. Obviously you came from a high poly environment (I've seen your site) but the arms for example should really have some more detail and smoothness. The faces could also use some trimming down and better distribution. Regardless of that though, it's still very well excecuted.

My main crit though, and I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned before, is the lack of detail and 'proper' shading of the skin. Given this is meant to be for game use, you might want to make a simple render (GI renders add a quality of shading to a model you'd never get, let alone in games) to check how the skin works with simple lightning.

However, that last crit only applies if your goal was to create something that would actually work in a game. These are two very high quality low poly models and they look great rendered. Just too bad the real time rendering in game is ass. I love them, but they wouldn't work in today's (best looking) games.

Again, kickass work, looking forward to seeing those animations =]

Raul-Reznek
12-10-2002, 08:50 PM
Hehe! nice one!

flamedevil
12-10-2002, 09:21 PM
Those models are absolutely AWESOME !

I was looking to your website Caroline, I love your works, the style is great !

Congrats. and good luck for the next :thumbsup:

unexit
12-10-2002, 09:24 PM
That is just some amazing work! Seeing people model as well as you do, really inspires me to work harder at my own 3d. Also, your texturing ability is outstanding.

ether
12-10-2002, 11:55 PM
A big thanks for everyones crits :D

kamikazerussell: Next, I'll probably be animating these characters. I've done a bit of environment modelling in the past already, it'll be nice to get back into that tho:)

puuuf: here ya go -
the centaur's texture sheet (http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/beebi_texturemap.jpg)

Here's a few poses of the Orc:

http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/mepi_pose01.jpg

http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/mepi_pose02.jpg

darkxsi
12-10-2002, 11:59 PM
Your works are very very fantastic "chapo" :applause: :applause: :thumbsup: :wavey:

dmonk
12-11-2002, 12:34 AM
absolutely great work!:thumbsup:

machikouli
12-11-2002, 01:25 AM
I found your work really GREAT:buttrock: :applause: :buttrock:
but the arrow could be in a better place between the 2 fingers, for me.

Noel Hines
12-11-2002, 04:04 AM
Great work Caroline! I'd love to see those characters in motion...

KoS
12-11-2002, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by machikouli
I found your work really GREAT:buttrock: :applause: :buttrock:
but the arrow could be in a better place between the 2 fingers, for me.

actually it should be above all of his fingers, at least thats how i was taught to fire a bow, the arrow should be resting on his index finger when hes firing, if hes just loading it then whatever

still great models tho :)

raelbr
12-11-2002, 12:44 PM
woow!
best LP i ever see!!!:buttrock: :eek: :bounce: :scream: :applause:

Is it for some game?

Raul-Reznek
12-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Ahh yeah! just as others said! i think it would be better if the arrow would be laced over the first finger and the hand that's holding the arrow is most of the time close to the archer's eye :D

Lookin cool!

b.Schulz
12-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Yeop...I was gonna make the same comment as KoS. The arrow should be resting on the top finger (more natural and comfortable. Anyways.....nice work again. The Centuar is still cute with that nose (your intentions.) I would say you were pretty sucessful in getting away from your previous style (Final fantasy style) They are fantasy characters but to me....they feel different. :beer: Caio.

ether
12-11-2002, 10:36 PM
thx all :)

KoS / Raul / b.Schulz : thx for that - I've changed the arrow to be resting above his hand.

http://www.quanta-entertainment.com/ether-images/mepi_pose02a.jpg

sadistic
12-11-2002, 11:29 PM
Love your style as always.

..raise the elbow up as much as possible aswell, looks more dramatic :D

eg.

KoS
12-12-2002, 05:56 AM
maybe thats just before he extends his arm and aims :)

DaKrunch
12-12-2002, 10:38 AM
one more thing (just a detail!)
the thumb of the right hand (the one holding the arrow) should stay relaxed behind the hand, so that does not create problems to such a huge neck when aiming!

the spikes on the arms look someway odd... they would be fine if he had some kind of external carapace on the shoulders, but these spikes come straight from the bones right?
looks like your orc will have many troubles when trying to ris his arms

:cry:

still i really love your style (and your sketches are lovely!!!!)

lol

SIGIL
01-04-2003, 04:51 PM
:buttrock: Another gem. Excellent work, normally I am more of a grimfantasy fan, but your work is very appealing to me. And I do not mean to say that it is cutesy or anything. It is difficult for me to discribe the mood or theme if your work. It almost seems like the perfect balance of dark and light fantasy.

YOU should have been on the art team of the XBOX game SUDEKI.

It is being developed by Climax, email them your demo reel I have a feeling that they would extend to you an offer.

on-screen
01-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Well, new spicies of orc and a comical look of the cnetaur. I can respect your character design (this is my weakest part and i feel really shy about it , coz this time a girl have such a telent on it , oppss).

Keep up the good work and u inspired me :D

Cheshire
01-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Im fastly becoming a big fan of yours!:bounce: Thes models as well as the elf are great!

Beastie
01-06-2003, 05:37 AM
:annoyed: I really want to see these models but as usual they are posted on another site which is down and Im not surprised, the linked sites always are. Please post them here on CGtalk so I can see, please!

Carny
01-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Wow! Realy good work!

But please post some non-GI Renderings too. I just want to get an impression how the would look like in-game.

nanabaky
01-08-2003, 12:32 AM
excellant j'adore !

I like the femele centaure over all ;) do you have any animattions or other works to show us, works for fun or for your job (if you have one...) ?

And are those models designed to a game ?

désolé pour mon anglais...

JonasNoell
01-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Very indivudualistic style. Really love it. Where you plan to use this for?

Greetings...
cANt

Awesomeness
01-10-2003, 03:02 AM
The orc is my favorite. He looks like a very dominating figure and could easily be a good orc, due to the smoothness looking of his skin.

The centaurs torso, legs and lower body are all modelled nicely and textured well, very pleasant. The head is also textured well, but proportions wise the neck is very slender and the head is rather large. Perhaps this is what you were going for, and that's fine.

But that's all the critique I can give you. That orc is one of my favorite looking I've seen in awhile. Perhaps a more gruesome texture would make him look more intimidating.

Beastie
01-22-2003, 04:28 PM
Wow! I especially like the orc, great job!

Rivendale
01-22-2003, 06:30 PM

.oO-cloak-Oo.
01-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Wow! Very nice models you have there. :thumbsup: Only thing I can see that might need some work (as mentioned before) is the orc skin might need more of a grungy feel...unless of course he is a good orc. :D Keep up the good work.

clubb6
01-23-2003, 06:18 PM
hows it going caroline, gotta say thats some great work, I like the clean textures, it suits the style so well and the models are fab. Great proportions etc. Anyway, keep up the good work.

spook
01-23-2003, 07:33 PM
the models are nice but i think you should have stuck with the original design for the centaur. i like it still. are you currently working on any projects or is this just for you're portfolio:buttrock:

piajartist
01-25-2003, 09:14 AM
trendy cintar

ninja noodle
01-29-2003, 07:55 AM
fantastic work as always!! keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

axxxj
01-29-2003, 09:16 AM
Hey ether it's good to see a former teesside uni goer posting here.

Your work is awsome really good.

I love the style of the models i like that their not too cartoony but have their own look too them.

I'm just trying to get my placement sorted at the moment but it's proving to be a big pain in the rear.

Catch u later AJ. :beer:

boywonder
02-02-2003, 07:10 AM
WOW :)

zoso
02-10-2003, 11:52 PM
nice

akewt
02-11-2003, 01:24 AM
some alter egos keeping this alive me tinks. ;)

DARK_DRAGON
02-11-2003, 06:38 AM
These are WAAAY yummie! love the textureing... and thanks for the wireframes!

as for the comment someone made about the deformations, I'm with him... If you get this character rigged, and skinned, post some pics of how the mesh deforms, because the wireframe looks anatomically good, but where are the concentric rings for rotations? Might be tough to rotate the orc's clavacle!

but... I wish i could do that with a 2200 poly budget! great stuff!

Chaosphere
02-12-2003, 01:42 AM
Wow, this is amazing stuff here. Umm nothing i can say that hasn't been said really. What program did you use ? If 3DS, it looks like you didn't use the traditional "Create a poly" method.. did you use meshtools ? And where can we get some idea of your workflow ( tutorials, etc. ) Inspiring stuff :applause: :applause:

moose droppings
02-13-2003, 09:11 AM
whoa, sweet ass style there m'lady!

i agree with what skullbox has said about the texture. It looks like a fine job, but i think you could go much further indepth to it.

your cloth is FANTASTIC. egad, im gonna stare at that for a couple hours.

anywho, instead of typing a 5 million word thing, i couldnt resist the urge to paint over your texture. i dont mean any offense by this, its just easier for me to explain visually with things like this. i dunno, i did it quick, like in 2 minutes and had no idea of the mesh.. heh. ah well, :

http://bb.mooseskins.com/ex.jpg

thats not to say you have to make yer texture look like that, but i think when looking at the flesh as compared to the fabric elements, the flesh is far under par. although... heh now that i look at it again with the smoothing... it does look ok when lit. hrm i may be completely out off base :\ gar.

the centaur is really cool :) booya!

buzzlightyr
02-13-2003, 11:48 AM
:drool: how long did they take from start to finish :love:

buzzlightyr
02-13-2003, 11:49 AM
do you know where i might find sum texturing tips:hmm:

ether
02-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for all your comments :)

buzzlightyr: They took a few days each to model and texture. http://www.planetquake.com/skindom/ is a great place for texturing tips :)

moose: Thx for the paint over, its great to see your ideas like this - since I posted these characters, I have been continuously working on their textures. Its most likely that I will update these characters on my site with a revised texture.

Chaosphere: I used 3D Studio Max for these characters.

DARK_DRAGON: Thx, The Orc deforms alright around the shoulder area, of course there is a limit to how high he can have his arms above his head - I'm still tweaking this actually, and will probably post some pics of this on my site in the future.

swords
02-13-2003, 08:20 PM
just wanna say
it's absolutely cool looking
;)

Dogzer
02-25-2003, 01:59 PM
Im kind of a newbie here... what kind of technique does someone use to make those kind of character? box modelling? please someone answer me

bugo
03-02-2003, 03:52 AM
ow Ether, you really diserves all those msgs, your work is really good, im making mine stuff here, i really want to know, why 2000 polygons ore more, isnt many polygons? your models just show quad polys and not triangles, why this? Are you going to do a game with this caract... or just testing? if you are testing please stop coz you really need to do a game with your stuff, I never saw a great work like yours, maybe someday I will become closer, but not enough to pass it...

Lightwave? 3ds? or Maya?
soory my english

bugo
03-02-2003, 03:57 AM
Dogzer: with polygons, vertex by vertex in a vertical way, then you will need to mirror (-X) and edit to finish your stuff.

sorry, i dont remember any tutorials, i learned alone, try to mesh some vertex!!!

bugo
03-02-2003, 04:00 AM
what you guys and girls think, what really i need to change in this model?

CLT
03-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Very nice line.....
Very nice style........

and your design has originalitiy and charm..

Creating a whole character set looks fun.

TETRAGRAMMATON
07-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Good model.Cool character.:)

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2005, 11:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.