PDA

View Full Version : Help me please !!!

mobeen
02-03-2006, 04:37 AM
Hello all,
My Problem:
I am trying to export an animated character from max in a 3ds file. The character has a biped attached to it. As i try to export it, the exported mesh contains no motion data only the mesh with its initial position.

My question:
How can i bake the motion of biped into the mesh so that when i export it in 3ds, i get my mesh animated:any tools/plugins would be highly appreciated?

Thanx
Mobeen

_stev_
02-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Try www.scriptspot.com (http://www.scriptspot.com)

mobeen
02-03-2006, 06:32 AM
Thanx I went there and found a bakeBiped script but it did nothing.

Bobo
02-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Hello all,
My Problem:
I am trying to export an animated character from max in a 3ds file. The character has a biped attached to it. As i try to export it, the exported mesh contains no motion data only the mesh with its initial position.

My question:
How can i bake the motion of biped into the mesh so that when i export it in 3ds, i get my mesh animated:any tools/plugins would be highly appreciated?

Thanx
Mobeen

Just so you know, 3D Studio DOS was not able to perform Skin deformations. It supported only PRS animation and Morphing. Thus the 3DS format is not very well suited for use as animation format.

The way id-software did it in Quake II was to export each frame of the character animation to a separate 3DS file, then load them all and play back as a morph sequence, using the vertex positions on each frame to move the character as it was originally animated by the Biped skeleton. I used to have a script to bake a mesh into multiple 3DS (or whatever) files frame by frame. Don't know whether it still works in the current Max version (it was written for Max 3 I think).
http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs3/3dssnap/3dssnap31.ms

mobeen
02-04-2006, 04:20 AM
Hello Bobo,
Am i pleased to have your response on my query. Thanks for the script and the explanation.

Mobeen

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2006, 04:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.