PDA

View Full Version : Memory Problem

tmas73
02-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Ok here the situation. I have a polygon model that I'm working. The model slows everything down, once put in symmetry or hybernurbs it will take forever to react. In hybernurbs I run out of memory. i optimized the model, checked for duplicate polys or points, could not find any. I have no idea why. Also the file size is 70Mb thats huge for a small simple model like this. Any help on how to fix this phantom of memory bugs? Thanks

http://www.invisiblefilms.com/ebay/memory.jpg

jscott
02-03-2006, 01:15 AM
If you cut and past the model into a new default scene file do you still have a problem?

-jscott

tmas73
02-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Yes I copy pasted just the model into a new scene. Same problem! Thanks

Kuroyume0161
02-03-2006, 03:26 AM
Is there anything else in the document? Unless this object is actually corrupted in memory, it cannot possibly be the culprit. Have you checked the Timeline, BodyPaint, Textures, Materials, everything to see if something exists that would take up so much space in the file and degrade C4D performance?

AdamT
02-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Hidden CB tags? Look in Tag Manager and see what's there.

Uncle-Ox
02-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Here's another thing worth checking: Have you deleted a lot of polys during your modeling? If so, go into point mode and choose "Optimise" from the right-click-menu to delete any unwanted points. Also check your HN subdivision, maybe you set it to avery high amount by accident.

tmas73
02-03-2006, 03:45 PM
OK I do not have any tags or textures on the scene, I deleted everything but the mesh , I optimized the model and it is still 69mb in file size and slow as hell! I dont know what to do. I was thinking of having a dub polygon mesh on top of each other but if I select a poly and delete it it is gone. Aaaahhhhhh....

jscott
02-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Very strange. What about exporting the mesh and importing it into a new blank scene. If that still doesn't work try deleting portions of the model and see if the problem goes away. That may at least narrow down what part of the model is the problem.

-jscott

station75
02-03-2006, 04:02 PM
hello try to export that model via obj format and brign it back or use xml to check the size (amount of points) in any text editor - maybe that help.

tmas73
02-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Yesssssss, thank you. I exported the model and imported it now its back to norrmal! You rule thanks to all who helped!

TMAS

jscott
02-03-2006, 05:14 PM
No problem man glad you were able to get it back to normal.

-jscott

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2006, 05:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.